What do you think of Disney HD SD's picture quality?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

rad

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Lifetime Supporter
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Dripping Springs, TX
What do you think if the PQ on Disney HD when they're showing SD content? IMHO it looks like there's some sort of frame rate problem, motion isn't as smooth as it should be and it looks a little bit out of focus. At least that's what it looks like to me when I tuned in Hanna Montana just to see what it looked like.

To me it looks almost like old BBC shows that were coverted from PAL to NTSC.

Its hard for me to explain, Its blurry,the fast movements shudder. But the real HD is Great!. But I was a little upset this morning because it was like this form 6-8 in the morning when I first tuned in . Bad first Impression.

The only SD I've watched on it is The Wiggles. They've seemed fine to me.

As far as how much HD - a lot. A lot more than I expected. Mickey Mouse Club House and Tigger and Friends simply look amazing.

I don't have a 720p tv anymore so I can't tell if maybe its jut a 1080p issue? Both my sony 50 and Phillips 42,both are the same poor SD picture on Disney HD

I was going to say the same thing there charper. Hemi i do hope you have kids watching that or you might have to turn in your man card lol Just Kidding but it was funny.

Yea the disney channel has been showing Crazy HD.. Alot more than TBS! I think I have only seen a couple of episodes not in hd, but for the most part the channel is 75 percent hd content

The only SD I've watched on it is The Wiggles. They've seemed fine to me.

As far as how much HD - a lot. A lot more than I expected. Mickey Mouse Club House and Tigger and Friends simply look amazing.

I agree. My daughter is in a MM freakout phase lately and when I tuned in with her this morning while I was havng my coffee the Pooh and Mouse quality were outstanding on ToonDisneyHD. So much to the point that my 5 year old commented something to the effect that Mickey looked "very clean".

To me it looks almost like old BBC shows that were coverted from PAL to NTSC.

You're close; it is something similar. Disney and other channels produce cheap shows on videotape, then change the framerate to make them look like film. Sometimes, it works well, and sometimes it doesn't. Disney's usually doesn't.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)