What does 2.02 fix?

The audio dropouts are the worst they've ever been with 2.02.

I did notice that with the 2.02 update that it's no longer "capturing" to the hard drive even when the tuner's off. Someone had mentioned here that they had turned their unit on, and were able to rewind back an hour like it had been continuously buffering the video. I had confirmed this on my 522 under 2.01.

I've also had a few recorded shows disappear. I record Jimmy Kimmel's show every night, M-F. This past Mon./Tues. shows were on the DVR list. I saw them listed, but hadn't watched them yet. I finally went to watch them, and they were gone from the list. I've got about 35 hours free, so it shouldn't have deleted them for space. Argghh.

I was afraid of a full point version update (1.69 to 2.02), and I have to say my fears were justified. I've never seen it buggier.

I do see a bit more audio dropouts, but I haven't seen a loss of audio/video sync.. I was having to click the "back" to fix it around three times per 1/2 hour show.

Mine has done the disk diagnostic AT RANDOM TIMES. Check my call log with Dish tech support... :) I called them twice when it was doing it in the late afternoon and early evening.

MY RECEIVER IS SET TO UPDATE AT 3AM.

maximum said:
Well, this must have been an anomaly. The light goes out when both tuners are off again.

Are you guys complaining about the disk diagnostic running and interrupting viewing at times other than when it is set to update? I think that it runs the disk diagnostic at update time by design. Annoying, yes, but it don't consider it a "bug" or "glitch".

Idiocy..... There is no need to do a disk check on a daily basis. The programmers making this software are idiots! I am telling you, Dish subcontracts to middle school teachers who teach computer programming... They in turn make our software upgrades class projects...

cheezwiz said:
Idiocy..... There is no need to do a disk check on a daily basis. The programmers making this software are idiots! I am telling you, Dish subcontracts to middle school teachers who teach computer programming... They in turn make our software upgrades class projects...

I should call dish and ask them for a million bucks. I would send them an update called "end all be all" that would fix everything and would be the last update needed until the technology changed. Geez, it can't be that hard.

Guide of Death still there

The Guide of Death happened several times last night. Neither TV1 or TV2 were watching a recorded show, just "live". I was on TV2, hit guide, and BLAM! Crash. Once it rebooted, I tried it again. Same thing. On the third try, the guide worked and I was able to set timers for the evening.

This is still under 2.02.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)