What does it mean to be a Dish Preferred Customer?

Conway

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 9, 2007
So what exactly does it mean to be a Dish Preferred Customer? Is this just something Dish tells you just to make you feel good? Just curious...

In order to be VIP, you must subscribe to the most expensive package, never call and complain, and the last you must introduce your family friends and friends to Dish.:oops:

Reactions: Howard Simmons
Preferred customers are people who don't call them all the time to negotiate a better deal. ;)
I stopped doing that a couple of years ago. Now, I just downgrade my programming package every time there is a price increase.

So what exactly does it mean to be a Dish Preferred Customer? Is this just something Dish tells you just to make you feel good? Just curious...
To provide a more serious answer to the original question though, a Dish Preferred Customer is an existing customer who agrees to a two-year contract, in exchange for some discount off their core programming package (discounts vary based on package level) and a price lock for the entire term of the contract. Offers vary, but may also include discounts on the equipment fees, and a $5 discount for signing up for AutoPay.

In order to be VIP, you must subscribe to the most expensive package, never call and complain, and the last you must introduce your family friends and friends to Dish.:oops:
Nah, in order to be VIP, you must stubbornly hold onto your ViP receivers until Dish pries them from your cold, dead hands! I still use a ViP222k and a ViP211k.

I stopped doing that a couple of years ago. Now, I just downgrade my programming package every time there is a price increase.

To provide a more serious answer to the original question though, a Dish Preferred Customer is an existing customer who agrees to a two-year contract, in exchange for some discount off their core programming package (discounts vary based on package level) and a price lock for the entire term of the contract. Offers vary, but may also include discounts on the equipment fees, and a $5 discount for signing up for AutoPay.
Ahh makes sense.. I did call to get the new 2 year deal for the family. My price didn't go up any. I basically just kept the same deal I got 2 years ago.. I will save some money after Jan 14th since I do own all of my dish equipment.

Reactions: pattykay
Doesn't it work out to be about the same prices as a new customer? They just want to make you feel special

Ahh makes sense.. I did call to get the new 2 year deal for the family. My price didn't go up any. I basically just kept the same deal I got 2 years ago.. I will save some money after Jan 14th since I do own all of my dish equipment.
If you signed a new deal for a 2 year price lock, how will you get the new reduced rates in January? Does the price lock just just protect against increases?

Reactions: pattykay
The rates are going up in January..the service fees on equipment are reduced
I know, but he just signed a new 2 year price lock. Why would they reduce his fees? I've been on the 2 year Preferred Customer contract for the past several years. The package price and the fees were both locked. I'm just asking how he knows he'll get the reduced fee in January.

I know, but he just signed a new 2 year price lock. Why would they reduce his fees? I've been on the 2 year Preferred Customer contract for the past several years. The package price and the fees were both locked. I'm just asking how he knows he'll get the reduced fee in January.
Nobody knows. This is one of the many issues with Dish's announcement that we need more clarification on. That was the type of thing that DIRT was so good about doing, and just one reason why they are so sorely missed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 5)