What DTV just told me

hazmat626

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 24, 2006
Lake Jackson, Texas
I just got off the phone with DTV. Was asking about prices and packages. The guy told me that Nov. 1 Dish will be forced to turn off the DVR functions in our recievers. Is this a marketing ploy to get subs... or is he not informed or lying?
I'm not ready to jump ship, but if this happens I'm gone.

I just got off the phone with DTV. Was asking about prices and packages. The guy told me that Nov. 1 Dish will be forced to turn off the DVR functions in our recievers. Is this a marketing ploy to get subs... or is he not informed or lying?

It's BS however you want to call it.

If Dish was required to turn off the DVR functionality in our receivers on Nov 1, I can guarantee you that there would be a LARGE thread in this forum.

Since there is no chatter about it, it is obvious the guy is full of it.

It's BS that he can get away with. Shutting downDVRs wouldput Dish out of business. Ain't gonna happen.

Unfortunately, this is apparently an aggressive salesperson who will say most anything to make a sale. Let the buyer beware! ;)

He is confusing the turning off of the fox o&o stations which may disappear from dish come nov 1 and that is the pitch he is suppose to use not about dish dvr. If the courts rule against dish then all of the boxes will get google dvr and tivo will have to start legal action against dish.

in no way will dish subscribers lose the dvr function.

The En Banc hearing is scheduled for sometime in November. Nothing will happen until the full court has heard the arguments and then reach a decision. The decision probably won't come until sometime in 2011. The only thing that may happen on November 1st is that E* may be turning off the Fox owned and operated stations around the country.

I had a DTV person on the phone ask me how I felt about "losing your local fox sports network" when I was inquiring about switching.

I replied: "Obviously your company is not a local retailer like it says on your site. Because if you were, you'd know we don't have a fox sports network here".

I then hung up and began my search for another local retailer.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)