What ever happened to dropping the HD Fee?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

goaliebob99

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Aug 5, 2004
-.-. .... .. -.-. .- --. ---
I though there was talk at one time of dropping the HD fee and going back to the old day's of you pick a package and pay for it. The only difference would be to get the hd version you need hd equipment?

Why take money off the table if you don't have too.

They were talking about doing it, but in looking around they saw they didn't have to.

Does Dish still charge for having VIP equipment and not subscribing to HD programming? I believe the charge used to be $7.00 a month.

For Existing customer with hd gear and no $10pkg they bend you over for $7

new installs through or office we use all VIP and no $7 customer gets locals and movie chanels at no extra charge. if customer adds$10 HD pkg to get history,discovery.....in hd then dose not want them any more they get the $7 hit only after adding hd pkg then removing..

my gess the VIP push is what is driving the new lease/axx fess. 6tv installs all with vip dual tuners only standar gear we keep now is for service calls or that pos 512 for a second free dvr .

I though there was talk at one time of dropping the HD fee and going back to the old day's of you pick a package and pay for it. The only difference would be to get the hd version you need hd equipment?
When that day comes they'll probably just jack up the package prices by $10 to compensate...

NO HD enabling fee anymore, If your still paying it your getting ripped off,or your not subscribing to the minimum required programming tier.
I know quite a few people who have VIP 622-722 that do not subscribe to HD pack, and they don't pay HD enabling fee. They still Get their Premiums in HD too.
I don't know about HD locals, HD OTA that I know they get.

For a while I dropped to the Welcome Pack. No HD enabling fee for my 622.

Still, Dish (or Direct) has no reason to drop the fee. Even though cable ads are bragging about "free HD", the cablecos still can't compete on price.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts