What gives????

chucksrt

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 12, 2005
Bensalem, pa
I put ESPN HD on yesterday to watch the Phillies game and the screen said this program is blacked out???? I flip to my Comcast and it's there? Same channel?

Most likely your local comcast had exclusive rights to that game and blacked out the espn feed in your area. I know it happens alot.. Expecally every time when I go tune to an espn hd feed for the WSox, blacked out.. tune to comcast sports net chicago.. game on but blacked out of the only hd feed of the game. I think that if its the only hd feed avabile you shouldnt be blacked out because of your local rsn wont provide a feed or isnt carried. As we get futher into the transition for hdtv I would expect to see this go away expecally when we get local RSN's in hd down the line.. For now it sucks.

OTOH, I often see posts from people whose Dish broadcast of a game on a specific chanel is blacked out, while his neighbors view it just fine on the same channels on Cable and DirecTV.

It sounds like Chuck is experiencing that too, if it's on the same channel as he says. Dish's blackout rules often seem to be different from everybody elses. I can't help but wonder if it isn't financially motivated.

Blackouts are why I stopped taking the basketball feeds during the NCAA tourney. I live on the West Coast and there would be a game blacked out in New England. Go figure. I also dropped the NFL when I dropped DirecTV. With no team in LA (my area) we get 3 games every Sunday plus ESPN's night game. One of the games is gonna be interesting.

*smirk* I know you guys are going to love me saying this, but I think blackouts should be illegal.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)