What good is the VIP722 without Dish Network.

jspowell99

Original poster
Dec 25, 2009
Raleigh, NC
I recently ended my service with Dish network because of a move and now have cable TV. I still have the VIP722 receiver and was wondering if it could be of any use apart from listing it for sale on ebay.

Might want to hold off on that sale. You may tire of cable and want to go back, if sat is still an option in your new location.

I assume you bought your ViP722. Most were leased, even with that $200 or so up front fee.

Might want to hold off on that sale. You may tire of cable and want to go back, if sat is still an option in your new location.

I assume you bought your ViP722. Most were leased, even with that $200 or so up front fee.

May tire?

With it's lesser DVR, and depending upon various factors, possibly less reliability and PQ.

No use without some type of Dish satellite subscription, not even the OTA feature will function. Charley has said in the past that doesn't want to subsidize the fairly sophisticated OTA feature without some type of satellite subscription, even if it is owned. However, Charlie does refer people to TVPal DVR (or whatever the name; I always get it messed up) for OTA functions with no monthly fees. Sears on-line is currently selling them. So, when you are ready, Ebay it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts