What happened to DBSForums?

Tony S

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 7, 2003
Hills of Eastern CT
Does anyone know what happened to DBSForums, the grandfather of all satellite TV forums? I have not been able to connect to that forum in weeks.

It seems like it has been around two months since it has gone down.

I hope Dan has not decided to close it. I have offered Dan space on our servers to keep DBSForums alive but he has turned down the offers in the past. If he has shut it down at least let us host it here in a closed state so that its rich history can live on.

I am not looking to run DBSforums, John and Bill have been doing a good job of that. I just want to help keep the history alive.

It seems like it has been around two months since it has gone down.

I hope Dan has not decided to close it. I have offered Dan space on our servers to keep DBSForums alive but he has turned down the offers in the past. If he has shut it down at least let us host it here in a closed state so that its rich history can live on.

I am not looking to run DBSforums, John and Bill have been doing a good job of that. I just want to help keep the history alive.

they were down for a long time before too, changing hosting locations if I remember correctly

hopefully they'll be back, loved the sports talk on that site

Is there an alternative site? I went to this forum for updates on sports programing. It was very useful for me for this purpose. Also the sports history part of it was very good too.

I hope that they take Scott up on his offer to host the site. I can understand Dan's reluctance to move his site over here (afraid of losing control and independance) but Scott is an honorable man, said he would not interfere, and I believe him.

Certainly this would be better than having the site down for weeks (or months) at a time!

All of the present forums and their readers owe a debt of gratitude to DBSForums and those who worked so hard on it for years.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts