What happened to Dish CSR's?

bross

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 3, 2008
New Jersey
I recently made some changes on my Dish account that required me to make the dreaded call to CSR. I put it off as long as I could, but finally, I cleared a few hours on the calender and made the call. Past experience had me prepared for a morning of frustration but, to my surprise, I could not have been more wrong.

The first words from the CSR were "My name is ___ and my employee number is ___. How can I help you?" She spoke perfect english, was very knowledgable, and quickly made the changes I requested.

The changes involved upgrading a receiver and setting up a dishmover which, before the call, I had contimplated doing in two calls, because in the past this would have been to much to ask of one CSR. This time, all the changes were made and she even ask me if there was anything else she could do for me, imagine that!

CSR's take a lot of heat on this board, and I just wanted to say, maybe things are changing.

:)"Maybe things are changing"
I think you got very lucky with that call. Call back and see what the next csr tells you.:rolleyes:

Yes, I got an American that did the csr name and number routine and I still had to call back because she couldn't grasp the simple concept of how the bill works and overcharges. So I had to call back again to get another csr that could figure it out. So even though she was an American , she still was stupid about their own billing system. Now if they can actually educate the csrs on their own rules and regulations like 3 premiums means $31.00 , 4 premiums means $40.00, we might have a good csr service.

I left E 10/2007. A few months back I set up an order to restart service after Ciel2 was operational. Then I cancelled the order after deciding to go with Fios instead. Problem is somehow E started claiming I had a leased reciever that I never had.

To make a long story short, a couple of weeks ago after some considerable frustration I called and spoke with a CSR who fixed the whole problem with a single call. I was amazed that I got an American after entering the option for billing. He was very courteous and helpful and best of all fixed the problem. This was a far better experience than what I remembered back in 2007 when I left. At that time the only way to get someone who cared was to go through the technical assistance route on the phone tree.

I'll be moving in a couple of months and won't be in Verizon territory anymore. Before this experience I'd say there was very little chance of going back to E. But now I will consider them.

They really need to get rid of the call center in the Phillipines, and then advertise the hell out of the fact that DISH Network has 100% of its call centers located in the USA and there are no foreign speaking agents. Do something like 100% US owned, and 100% us operated...

I get alot of customers who just simply refuse to deal with foreign call centers...

Either that, or have them hire people who can speak perfect english without an accent so you can't tell.

They really need to get rid of the call center in the Phillipines, and then advertise the hell out of the fact that DISH Network has 100% of its call centers located in the USA and there are no foreign speaking agents. Do something like 100% US owned, and 100% us operated...

I get alot of customers who just simply refuse to deal with foreign call centers...

Either that, or have them hire people who can speak perfect english without an accent so you can't tell.

Agreed on the Buy America Plan!!

Only problem is, we all have accents. I never can understand those fast talking New Yorkers

agreed nelson

I do customer service and the ones that irritate me are the folks who feel the need to give a number like its a bunch of two digit numbers

so instead of saying
two, three, eight, four, seven, zero, one, one

they say
twenty three, eighty four, seventy, eleven

sorry for the minor rant....but most areas of the country I can understand pretty good. The ones that are funny are folks from the south who say "where y'all? Canada?"
which usually gets a "pretty close...Minnesota from me :)

agreed nelson

I do customer service and the ones that irritate me are the folks who feel the need to give a number like its a bunch of two digit numbers

so instead of saying
two, three, eight, four, seven, zero, one, one

they say
twenty three, eighty four, seventy, eleven

sorry for the minor rant....but most areas of the country I can understand pretty good. The ones that are funny are folks from the south who say "where y'all? Canada?"
which usually gets a
"pretty close...Minnesota from me :)

I resemble that remark.:D

....I'll be moving in a couple of months and won't be in Verizon territory anymore. Before this experience I'd say there was very little chance of going back to E. But now I will consider them.

Just think about those ViP receivers, compared to the Fios DVR. You'll be in heaven.

Sometimes you think they did what you asked them then you find out later that they didn't and it requires another call and they refuse to honor what the last person said they did and all that bunch of bull so watch out, sometimes you did not get the result that you thought you did.

One of the biggest complaints I used to have was not understanding the person on the phone because of the foreign call centers.

I've actually talked to them 4 or 5 times in the past 6 months for various reasons. I've NEVER gotten "Bob" (from Idia)...good ole Americans just like me.

Some people will complain about anything.

During the past few months or so I've gotten nothing but outstanding service from the Dish CSR's. That was not always the case in the past.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts