What happened to Dish's "tech support"?

One of my 622s died the death of 1000 reboots recently. It would start the reboot and get hung in a loop. I did a front panel - no help. Unplugged it - no help. Unplugged it and "let the electricity drain":p as another poster mentioned, plugged it in and it rebooted okay. Watched about 23 minutes and here we go again.

I called and had the privilege of talking to Punjab masquerading as Andy. I told him what had happened how many times and what I had done. First words out of his mouth were "we have to unplug..." I said I did. He said "we need to..." I said I did. He said he had a procedure to follow. I told him to follow it with the next caller and hung up.

About 30 or 40 minutes later I tried again. Don't know which call center she was in but a real Michelle answered. I told her what the 622 had done and what I had done. She said"ooh, that's not good. Let's get you a new one out there."

There's a call center about 40 miles from me. Why do I have to go to India?!sadroll

I've had terrible experiences with tech support lately. Took 3 calls to get someone. 1st person had me on speaker but didn't know it, so all I heard was the 1000 call center folks answering phones. Second person asked me what's wrong, I told them, very precisely what was wrong (single local HD channel had top half of image out of sync with the bottom half) and what I had done. He then proceeded to spend 20 minutes asking me questions that I had already answered in what I told him. I hung up. Finally I gave my story to this lady who apparently listened, skipped a bunch of questions the other guy asked, and after 10 minutes was sending in a note to engineering about the problem noticed on the channel.

As a field technician, if I'm calling a TSR, I either need a simple hit, or I'm calling with a problem that's gonna blow your mind. That is not the time to put Mujibar on the phone. It really irritates me that the non-published technician number that we call has any kind of connection to India. So once we push the button for tech support, the call should be identified as a DASH call, with an option to request a hit, or an option to go straight to a TSR III.

3 minute bonus?

Having been fortunate enough to have gotten a 501 that lasted several years, and having had good luck with "CSR Roulette" with the short life span 501's, I held on to the hope that they would get the bugs out of the "forced" changes, Imagine my surprise when it finally got bad enough that I HAD to make the call - babies crying in the background, the sound of pages turning, and someone who knows less about it than the customer does NOT instill confidence, but both calls were under 3 minutes - and after being no help, including "and this takes care of your problem to your satisfaction".....

Sorry for the rant, but I am about 10 calls in (some knowledgeable and did their best to help), and have just had the third attempt at a service call and 501 to 625 "upgrade" pushed back again (no I do not want you climbing on my roof at 11 PM...... Rant mode off, but wish they would change the kids diapers before answering the phone??

Remember the instructions that were posted on numerous forums showing what keys on the phone to hit quickly to get tech support for an in-states call center?

Bet ya regret posting that now huh? Next, I'm thinking a change of address for CEO@echostar.com.

nope...there is no option to pick like they use to...again I havent had Dish in 18 months so who knows when that was changed

hell I said "tech support" and the thing goes through how to make sure your remote works...yeah that was the issue

and lets see smarty pants...the system use to say
"for tech support press 2"

and that was off the 800-333-3474 number..no special effects there holmes

best thing to do...
play "CSR roulete" till you find someone that doesnt sound like apu
or ask them to speak to upper level tech support
or ask to speak to someone that has worked there 5+ years

yeah...I'll be sure to try your "new idea" :rolleyes:

CSR roulette...never heard of it before :rolleyes:

I've had terrible experiences with tech support lately. Took 3 calls to get someone. 1st person had me on speaker but didn't know it, so all I heard was the 1000 call center folks answering phones. Second person asked me what's wrong, I told them, very precisely what was wrong (single local HD channel had top half of image out of sync with the bottom half) and what I had done. He then proceeded to spend 20 minutes asking me questions that I had already answered in what I told him. I hung up. Finally I gave my story to this lady who apparently listened, skipped a bunch of questions the other guy asked, and after 10 minutes was sending in a note to engineering about the problem noticed on the channel.

exactly the same thing I did. I explained to khali or mujibar or seekh shang hai or whatever their names were what I already did and said 3 times "I think it needs a reprogramming hit" but they dont listen

What ever happened to the call center in Phoenix E* was staffing up last May to come online in June? I thought this was suppose to be a way to ease many of these problems they have acknowledged on previous CC's

So she comes back and now the channels work....yay!!...but no locals. I tell her which locals and she tells me she has to run a local check to see if my grandma qualifies for locals....I tell the lady "please tell me you're kidding. She has had locals for 8 years". So she asks for the address and says "yes you qualify" (huh no crap) but maybe I dont have satellite 110 and asks me to hit 9900. By this time I'm just like "yep its there"

Lady screws around and finally the locals come up...huh only 1 hour and 4 calls to do a simple thing

The locals actually have a bit of a delay after activation. Whenever I activate a receiver it can take anywhere from 1 to 10 minutes for the locals to show up in the guide. Even after the regular channels show up.

What ever happened to the call center in Phoenix E* was staffing up last May to come online in June? I thought this was suppose to be a way to ease many of these problems they have acknowledged on previous CC's

It's up and running and they are actively hiring.

oh good lord now the box died again so I get to call them back

no signal at all....and yes I have checked all connections and swapped boxes

yay!! in and out in 15 minutes and that included 6 minutes on hold

got India after waiting 6 minutes. I told the person what the issue was (0 signal strength) and I tried it at another spot. She said they were going to transfer me to tech support

2 minute hold and got a lady named Kimberly who spoke good English, understood English and better she LISTENED to me. Sure she sounded 12 and had a super high soprano voice but I expalined what the issue was and what I did and she said "we'll ship a new box out because the old one is bad" (without hesitation...no "lets try these 4 things ya already did"...she just created an order to ship out a new one. Got the address (which seemed odd as my grandmas billing & shipping address is the same) and gave me a reference number. I thanked Kimberly for listening to what I had already done and wished her a good day

Like I say 15 minutes start to finish...so maybe tech support aint so bad......we'll see in 5 days if that changes ;)

You just have to unscrew the drain plug from the bottom of the unit. When the electricity runs out, just sweep all the electricity that fell on the floor into a dustpan. :D:rolleyes:

I hope you realize you are coming dangerously close to letting all the smoke out of the unit when you do that.

(DUCKS)

Dish smoke and Mirror customer service---could this be the real reason they will be out of business come 2010?

I really do not care as I will close my Dish account and go with Direct Tv once the move to my new Home is done.

Charlie used to understand the importance of good customer service. I think he is getting old and needs to get some young blood in to run dish.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)