What happened to Dish's "tech support"?

customer service

I am a dish tech and can relate to your pain. When I get a rep on the phone that drives me crazy, I hang up and call back. Especially when you get one that barely speaks english. I have done some installs for some of those reps and trust me when I say they are no brighter in person.

If I cannot get anywhere with any of them I hang up and call back because it is just a waste of time and aggervation to ge nowhere with some of those people on the phone with Dish Network.

Well this went pretty painless...they delivered the new box last night. Hooked it up and got it to the "activate" screen. Called the number on the paperwork that was with it and in 10 minutes it was up and running..

only thing I'm worried about is the "new" 311 box didnt have the purple card in it...I guess they bolt them to the motherboard too?

heh .. now that was RICH

You just have to unscrew the drain plug from the bottom of the unit. When the electricity runs out, just sweep all the electricity that fell on the floor into a dustpan. :D:rolleyes:

I've heard all kinds of interesting stories from customers about their appliance problems but this has to be right up there!

There was the lady who called in wanting warranty service on her new dryer because the baffles in the tumbler all broke off during usage. She couldn't understand how a Maytag dryer could possibly break being used to thaw a frozen turkey.

Or there was the guy who was an electrical engineer who dissassembled his entire front loading washer down to the base, then got angry when the techs arrived and refused to repair it for free ..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)