WHAT HAPPENED TO MY COURT TV?????

stra8up3

Original poster
Dec 19, 2009
southern california
about a week or 2 ago I & my neighbor as well seemed to have lost a few channels, #74; COURT TV, #98; oxygen, & #33; the weather channel. does anyone know what happened to them???

I know court TV has changed their name to lame "tru TV" "not reality, but actuality" don't they know that the definitions of those words are the same?

anyways, to iceberg, lol, "time warner" thank you

moved thread to the Time Warner section...hopefully someone can chime in

I started checking TW site for channel listings but you wrote "southern cal" as loc...too many options on the TW site and none match up with what channels you gave

What area of S Cal?

TW website still shows them there
zap2it shows them at that spot

what happens when you select them? Do you have a cable box? Its very possible they went digital only. I know here in Minnesota there are some stations that have analog cable numbers but require a cable box. Example is National Geo...its channel 66 but you need a box. The channels around it (Disney 67, Versus 68, TCM 65) do not require a box

Then I bet they went digital only and you'll need the box to see them

You might want to call TW and see what they have to say

Warner Cable is moving some channels to digital only (requiring a cable box or cable card). They movied all the channel numbers on the cable box to the 100 range and realighed the channels more like Dish network's system of having the same types of channels together. I do not know for certain that this is what happened to you, but it is happening here and is slated to happen system-wide eventually

The digital channels on TWC save just a few (PBS/Educational/Access/Locals) are encrypted. If TruTV and the others you mentioned did indeed move to the digital tier, You need to get a box or, if your TV has a cablecard slot, a cable card from TWC and you need to subscribe to the digital tier. Sorry.

I FOUND THIS, hard to understand

Time Warner Cable Los Angeles’ agreements with programmers to carry their services routinely expire from time to time. We are usually able to obtain renewals or extensions of such agreements, and carriage of programming services is discontinued only in rare circumstances. The following agreements with programmers are due to expire soon, and we may be required to cease carriage of one or more of these services in the near future:
truTV,

The following services that are currently made available to customers in an analog (or both analog and digital) format as part of our Broadcast or Basic Cable Tiers will be made available in a digital format only. These channels will remain in their current tiers. The Weather Channel, truTV, Oxygen.

Style Network will move from the Basic Cable Tier on channels 63 and 130 to Digital Variety Tier on channel 130 only.

The following changes will be made on December 10th with a preview beginning November 11, 2009.

easy to understand

The following services that are currently made available to customers in an analog (or both analog and digital) format as part of our Broadcast or Basic Cable Tiers will be made available in a digital format only. These channels will remain in their current tiers. The Weather Channel, truTV, Oxygen.

so you need a cable box

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)