What Happened to NASA ?

Pixl

Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Feb 27, 2010
Traverse City, Michigan
Hello,

I had dropped the subscription on my Dish a few years ago, but still use it to watch NASA since it is not in my cable line up. But recently lost it, receiver only gets Dish 101 channel. I thought NASA is supposed to be in the clear. Receiver is a 3000 that I bought new from Sears and had subscribed it for many years but had to switch over to cable in order to get internet service. The smart card is a yellow dish 500. Is this still current version?

The yellow card isn't current. I have no idea whether or not NASA is still available to unsubscribed receivers with a current card. I didn't think any of the free channels were available with an expired card, although maybe NASA was because it was truly FTA. So you'll have to ask someone else with an unsubscribed purple card.

PK,

With my yellow card NASA still shows up in the guide as a sub'd channel along with a few others, but only get black screen on them. Was working just a few days ago. What do you see in your guide?

722, No Card, 250 Package, No problems with NASA. It works great. As long as it is not coming off of 129. Having many problems with 129 programming. Did the DISH Hoop Jumping yesterday and nothing's wrong on my end. Although the signal level was all over the place. It was deemed normal. A "report" has been put in on it.

PK,

With my yellow card NASA still shows up in the guide as a sub'd channel along with a few others, but only get black screen on them. Was working just a few days ago. What do you see in your guide?
Oh it shows the Nasa channel in the guide. Along with your card is not authorized to view this program. lol

I've been watching the free channels with my dish after I unsubscribed due to dish moving my locals to a satellite I couldn't get at that time.

Put my receiver in the closet with my directv receiver and c-band receiver. lol

I don't know what DISH has changed but an 811 with deactivated purple card isn't getting anything even 9000 you have a DISH 500 came up not authorized along with all the free view promo channels.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)