What happened to Pocket Dish ?

ethen

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 31, 2006
Dish's website shows that all models of the Pocket Dish are sold out.

Is this something adealer would stock? I tried a few in my area and no go. Or is my best bet ebay?

Thanks,

Tom

It's either new models or something related to ARchos player's that was reported on a while back, do a site search for "Archos player".

The DishPlayer is history.

Now shows can be transfered to the latest generation of Archos portable media players with a driver that you download from their site.

These players are available anywhere and from Dish dealers.

i won an av500e, the 30gb model one just this past week at work in a contest. its neat, but im prolly gonna sell it. came with the docking kit and all. i just dont see myself in a situation where i could really get use outta it. now if i were still in college, that thing would be priceless to have between classes. or if i travelled a lot it would be great, but i dont. i already have an ipod, yeah, i know the pocket dish does soo much more, but really music is all i need on the go.

You can get the archos 605 and 705 from amazon also. I think the prices there are cheaper than archos website. I am looking into getting one also. They are currently the only portable device that support full screen youtube using the optional opera mini browser plugin. There is also rumor that it will be upgraded to support flash 9.

Amazon was selling the 30G 605 for $225 in Dec last year, but now it is back up to $275. I am waiting for the price to drop on the 705.

Don't forget that the shows recorded in HD on your 722 can't be put on any archos model without extensive kludges. (read: taking more time than the actual program your copying and having the 722 and your ownself tied up for the duration)

Actually you don't have to sit around and watch but unless you set a timer or watch the time, when the show is over the Archos will continue and record the DVR Event screen until you stop it.

Is that the same for the 622? I was thinking about getting one but wasn't sure I could transfer HD programming to it.

Don't forget that the shows recorded in HD on your 722 can't be put on any archos model without extensive kludges. (read: taking more time than the actual program your copying and having the 722 and your ownself tied up for the duration)

Actually you don't have to sit around and watch but unless you set a timer or watch the time, when the show is over the Archos will continue and record the DVR Event screen until you stop it.

Yeah no HD, no HBO, and no Cinemax. You will have to use the DVR station to record those in real time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)