What happened to the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix practice?

MikeMoss

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 15, 2009
Ada, MI
This is the last Grand Prix of the year and the two top drivers are tied going into it. I have my Hopper set to record the weekends activity. I started the first practice session recording and what did I find....
Basket Ball!
It says that it is Formula One, on the schedule, it says that it's Formula One under the basket ball coverage and on the schedule, but that's not what's there.

So the second practice session is about to start, and I switch to it, and what do I see...
Football.

This is the most important race of the year, I ran a search and the episodes I recorded were the only things listed for today.

Well, too late for today, but I'm worried about the coverage for tomorrow and Sunday's coverage.
Does anyone know what's going on?

I've watched the whole season, I don't want to miss the last race.

I woke up early this morning and checked my recordings and to my horror I did not see P1 being recorded. So I pulled up the guide and went through all the ESPN channels it was on one of the other channels with improper listings and like you I’m worried about the recordings for qualifying and of course the race.

I’m setting my DVR to record every program on every ESPN channel on Sunday morning no matter what it says it’s supposed to be playing. I’m rooting for number 33!

I even ran a search for Formula One and the only programs that came up were the ones I recorded, there were no other hits for F1 at all. I have all the ESPN channels visible on my menu, couldn't find anything else.

I'm not too surprised, I have a local channel that has shown that the national news is on at 6:30 PM on Saturday for years, and it's not, as of the last time I checked.
I used to try and tune into it every few months and then remember that it was never what it says it is.

Reactions: LQQK

Abu Dhabi Grand Prix​

Practice 1 - Friday, December 10 - 4.25AM - ESPNU
Practice 2 - Friday, December 10 - 7.55AM - ESPNU

Practice 3 - Saturday, December 11 - 4.55AM - ESPN2
Qualifying - Saturday, December 11 - 7.55AM - ESPN2

Grand Prix Sunday - Sunday, December 12 - 6.30AM - ESPN2
Abu Dhabi Grand Prix - Sunday, December 12 - 7.55AM - ESPN2/ESPN+
F1 Checkered Flag - Sunday, December 12 - 10AM - ESPN3

Race (re-air) - Sunday, December 12 - 6.00PM - ESPNEWS
Race (re-air) - Sunday, December 12 - 11.00PM - ESPN2

Reactions: Foxbat and LQQK
Should be a great race. :hatsoff
The only reason Max won’t crash both of them out is there would be no way for Red Bull to win the Constructors’ Championship. So I’m sure the Team Principals have explained that they need maximum points Sunday.

I woke up this morning and saw no F1 events were recorded on my Hopper 3. Fortunately, I have the ESPN App on my streaming box and was able to watch P2 that way. I see P3 and Qualifying scheduled to record Saturday, with the Sunday events as well.

Last edited:
The only reason Max won’t crash both of them out is there would be no way for Red Bull to win the Manufacturer’s Championship. So I’m sure the Team Principals have explained that they need maximum points Sunday.

I woke up this morning and saw no F1 events were recorded on my Hopper 3. Fortunately, I have the ESPN App on my streaming box and was able to watch P2 that way. I see P3 and Qualifying scheduled to record Saturday, with the Sunday events as well.
i been watching F1 races for a while and been following NASCAR since my teenage years in the late 90s, and needless to say, we don't need Max and LewHam to recreate the Joey Logano/Matt Kenseth incident from 6 years or the Jeff Gordon/Clint Bowyer incident from 9 years ago. believe me, F1 doesn't want any of that in their racing league.

i been watching F1 races for a while and been following NASCAR since my teenage years in the late 90s, and needless to say, we don't need Max and LewHam to recreate the Joey Logano/Matt Kenseth incident from 6 years or the Jeff Gordon/Clint Bowyer incident from 9 years ago. believe me, F1 doesn't want any of that in their racing league.
Google Michael Schumacher.

I believe you and I are referring to this:
1639182898574.png
Schumacher was ahead in the points at the time, so as long as he and Hill didn’t score any points, Schumacher would win the 1994 World Championship. However, his Team ended up 15 points behind Hill’s Williams Team, so while it was a personal achievement, it came at the cost of Benetton finishing second in the Constructors Championship.

I believe you and I are referring to this:
Schumacher was ahead in the points at the time, so as long as he and Hill didn’t score any points, Schumacher would win the 1994 World Championship. However, his Team ended up 15 points behind Hill’s Williams Team, so while it was a personal achievement, it came at the cost of Benetton finishing second in the Constructors Championship.
That incident was talked about a lot. I became a Schumaker fan when he started driving the blood red car.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Q2 has certainly made the race start tomorrow a lot more interesting.

I’m glad there are a fair number of F1 fans at SatelliteGuys!

The issue of which channel is showing the F1 practices, qualifying and the race has been a problem ever since ESPN took over the rights. I really do appreciate the no commercials but I miss the NBCSN broadcast team, at least I could understand them and what they were talking about.

The issue of which channel is showing the F1 practices, qualifying and the race has been a problem ever since ESPN took over the rights. I really do appreciate the no commercials but I miss the NBCSN broadcast team, at least I could understand them and what they were talking about.
I liked F1 coverage by Speed Channel years ago.

Reactions: Foxbat

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)