What happened to "The Hub"

Yea they changed it to discovery family.Didnt know they were going to that. Now if Dish will change the name and logo of.Rural tv ch 232 to the new Famnet..They have alot of good classic tv on there now.All in the family,good times.I dream of jeannie,charlies angels,tj hooker,fantasy island,sanford and.son and.more....

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

They had some classic teenage shows that brought back some memories. I hated that they changed the format. Isn't there other channels that have science shows? The Hub had shows that other channels did not have and have not aired for many years.

Reactions: JSheridan
What a weird lineup... The afternoon/evening programming is completely out of sync with the rest of the day. It is a really odd transition from older cartoons and family shows to seemingly random Discovery Channel programming blocks and back. Channels like this really just need to go away.

What a weird lineup... The afternoon/evening programming is completely out of sync with the rest of the day. It is a really odd transition from older cartoons and family shows to seemingly random Discovery Channel programming blocks and back. Channels like this really just need to go away.

I thought the same thing, how its such a big transition from children's cartoons to something much more mature. Reminds me of when Dish had a split channel a while back. I think it was Sprout for part of the day and something else the remainder?

Well, IMHO the Science Channel programming in the evening is better than the Science Channel itself! With more documentary-type stuff, and less reality pap than the Science Channel these days, I welcome this change. Does seem a bizarre combination, though.

Yea they changed it to discovery family.Didnt know they were going to that. Now if Dish will change the name and logo of.Rural tv ch 232 to the new Famnet..They have alot of good classic tv on there now.All in the family,good times.I dream of jeannie,charlies angels,tj hooker,fantasy island,sanford and.son and.more....

That sounds like ThisTV's line-up.

They had some classic teenage shows that brought back some memories. I hated that they changed the format. Isn't there other channels that have science shows? The Hub had shows that other channels did not have and have not aired for many years.
The had Batman, Sabrina the Teenage Witch, Boy vs. World, I think, and some other content that skewed more teen-age that are in today's world, innocuous for the underage audience. I thought it was mostly junk, but they did play old shows that no one else was airing.

FamilyNet/RuralTV has a lot better classic TV lineup than TVLand now. I will miss ALF on the Hub.

Reactions: Stargazer
They need to update the hallmark movie channel to its new name too

Did I read that article right. They were under fire for "violent programming" such as what? Transformers or the other 1980s kids cartoons. Much of what I want to say belongs in The Pit, but I can say here that it's time to stop allowing the "We're offended" crowd to police what our kids watch on TV. I'm my daughters' father, and I'll decide what they can watch. And yes, the old Loonie Tunes are a staple in my house. I didn't have my girls to give those bored whack jobs something to do. If I don't like what they're watching, I'll turn off the TV or change the channel.

Some of the commercials were meant for adults, not children. Liposene (weight loss) among other things during primetime. I noticed that they would give a warning before some of the shows that the content may not be suitable for children and that the show should be watched as a family.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts