What happens if I don't return RMA unit?

Purogamer

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jul 19, 2005
Mentor, Ohio
The unit that's scheduled to be returned (or exchanged, to be accurate) started working again, So I plan to refuse the UPS package when it arrives...

...But I was wondering what would happen if I kept the replacement unit (just in case...) and didn't return the original. Would dish charge me full price for it, or a refurb price (think it was was 19.99 he said...), or nothing since I signed up for DHP?

Someone has to have done this before...

Call Dish and ask. Most likely they'll charge you for shipping charges but shouldn't charge you for anything else as long as you send back the new receiver. You might want to go ahead and swap out your receiver anyways, that way you'll have a fresh receiver! And since you are having problems anyways, you might as well change it out since they sent it to you anyways.

They WILL...

If u keep both, they will charge u for the price of the ORIGINAL receiver, whatever it costs now, not the "replacement" they are sending u; that one is paid for already by ur warranty. I've seen several cases where the dead receiver "comes back to life". In general I would recommend u take the replacement and send back the original; The receivers E* send out as replacements are in fact remans and believe it or not, they are put thru a whole lot more diagnostics and tests than a brand new one !

Plus, u said u have the DHP warranty... that is the best warranty they have (why do u think it is no longer offered and has been replaced with the DHPP?).

I did exactly the same thing around 9 months ago when I was a new 522 user, I received my replacement unit and it didn't work - the old 522 started up again so I just called them and told them.
They were fine with it and if I recall they asked me to use a different RMA number.

This just happened to me last week. I kept the reman receiver and sent back the (now working) old 5000.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)