What happens to SD locals after Friday?

6coho

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 21, 2005
Valdez, AK
Although they have been uplinked for a full three years, it appears that Dish has failed to reach a re-transmission of digital signal agreement with both the FOX and NBC stations in Anchorage. When their analog signals go dark on Friday, will we lose our SD locals for those two stations?:confused:

Although they have been uplinked for a full three years, it appears that Dish has failed to reach a re-transmission of digital signal agreement with both the FOX and NBC stations in Anchorage. When their analog signals go dark on Friday, will we lose our SD locals for those two stations?:confused:

Not sure about that, but based on the Charlie Chat tonight if you have an HD receiver you should be able to get the LA HD channels this Saturday through AAD.

Markets where Dish is unable to reach an agreement or no HD channel exists qualify. In our case no Fox, NBC or ABC.

NOTHING!!!!! They are digital already. HD and digital is 2 differant things.

HD is 720p 1080i 1080p

Your regular dvds are digital but there not HD, unless you get a Blueray or HDdvd (the one dead).

NOTHING!!!!! They are digital already. HD and digital is 2 differant things.

HD is 720p 1080i 1080p

Your regular dvds are digital but there not HD, unless you get a Blueray or HDdvd (the one dead).

It seems that the OP is asking specifically about retransmission agreements in Alaska, not about all SD.

It seems that the OP is asking specifically about retransmission agreements in Alaska, not about all SD.

Correct. My question has nothing to do with HD. Obviously, when those two stations cease transmission of analog, their re-tran agreement with Dish dies with it. If there is no agreement for digital re-tran in place, will my 7xxx series SD channels go dark?

Correct. My question has nothing to do with HD. Obviously, when those two stations cease transmission of analog, their re-tran agreement with Dish dies with it. If there is no agreement for digital re-tran in place, will my 7xxx series SD channels go dark?
uhh no there us no retransmission agreement for analog just SD and HD

AAD told me yesterday that it would NOT be live Saturday...that is simply when they will be allowing people to qualify under the new guidelines which, they told me, would allow more people to sign up since some of the local signals will be less powerful. Furthermore, they said it could be a week or 2 before the LA and Chicago HD channels will be live on AAD/DISH.

I have a question about AAD and don't want to make another thread for it. Since Dish doesn't have the Indianapolis local NBC in HD, could I get an HD NBC through AAD?

I have a question about AAD and don't want to make another thread for it. Since Dish doesn't have the Indianapolis local NBC in HD, could I get an HD NBC through AAD?

Apparently yes, although we have to await the actual criterion for receiving or not receiving a signal that AAD will be using. There is speculation that all you'll have to say is that you cannot adequately receive any OTA signals and you can get all of the channels.

Dish has been using available digitals

E* started using the digital version of a channel months ago if available. Did the 2 stations in question have digital signal running before the conversion? If they did they were already using them to supply your LIL.

i would not make the assumption that a separate agreement is needed for digital. But out of curiosity did you lose any locals?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts