what HD channels will come next?

10fthdscreen

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Feb 13, 2008
pa
Has Dish announced anything up and comming post yesterdays big drop? I know they released a statement about up and comming weeks, but has anyone actually heard of new channels?

I would love to see SpikeHD, Comedy Central HD, VH1 HD unbelievably, and for my kids Nickelodeon HD, I know most of these aren't producing HD Content but when they do it might actually be watchable lol

Haven't heard anything, but there are only two additonal HD channels that I would actually care about--Spike and FX. Anything else would be gravy.

Here are the rest of the upcoming channels mentioned in the March 18th press release:
  • AMC HD
  • BET HD
  • CMT HD
  • HBO2 HD
  • IFC HD
  • MoreMAX HD
  • MTV HD
  • Nickelodeon HD
  • Starz Edge HD
  • Superstation WGN HD
  • VH-1 HD
A few of the channels activated yesterday weren't mentioned in the release, so Charlie could have some more surprises in store.

The Charlie and Jim scratching their balls in unison channel.

There's currently no HD, but there will be sometime soon, just like all the other (non-HD) HD channels people are wanting....and DISH has added...

"but, but, but, it looks better than the regular SD channel version............."

I believe it was posted in another thread that Tribune and Dish were close to a deal for WGN and the missing Tribune owned fox local stations... so that would be next. And then the Viacom suite in the next month or two.

Here are the rest of the upcoming channels mentioned in the March 18th press release:
  • AMC HD
  • BET HD
  • CMT HD
  • HBO2 HD
  • IFC HD
  • MoreMAX HD
  • MTV HD
  • Nickelodeon HD
  • Starz Edge HD
  • Superstation WGN HD
  • VH-1 HD
A few of the channels activated yesterday weren't mentioned in the release, so Charlie could have some more surprises in store.

I seriously doubt AMC and IFC are coming any time this decade. Dish isn't just burning their bridges with Rainbow Media--they're throwing napalm on it for good measure. (Voom takedown)

Whats so good about spike? What are the good shows on it?

I know Spike has been showing the latest season of The Ultimate Fighter (UFC reality show) in HD and recently broadcast all the Star Wars movies in HD. I would assume future UFC events would be in HD as well, which is a big deal for a lot of people. Not sure if their CSI reruns are in HD? I know A&E shows their CSI Miami reruns in HD, so I'm guessing Spike might do this as well.

Well,

what media companies do we have left?

Dish must have just finished up with Disney, since we just added Disney, Toon Disney, ESPN News, ABC Family.

Turner was touched since we have Cartoon Network.

Look like Viacom (MTV, VH1, Spike, Comedy, CMT) would likely be the next one.

Like George said, Rainbow Isn't in the cards, and Fox also appears to be a court case.

So aside from Viacom and some independent channels, I don't see too much out there to pick up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)