what HD channels will come next?

I see Dish taking the WFN approach. Providing channels no other network with a brain would touch.

WPP HD - world ping pong network HD
WSS HD - world synchronized swimming channel HD
WPC HD - world pool championship HD
AFC HD - animated film classics HD
FPC HD - fireplace channel HD
Court HD
TCHD - traffic channel HD
711F HD - view from inside 7-11 freezer chest HD
WCDF HD - world cow dung flinging championship channel HD
PONG HD

Seeing as they just dropped VOOM, I don't think they're going to go back in that direction :) :) (just a joke)

MOJO would be nice. Any HD channel that has shows about getting drunk is tops on my list.
Knowing DISH's impeccable timing, I don't see SPIKE-HD being added until after the TUF season finale. :(

I would like Discovery's Green planet (I believe it's hd) which first airs june 4, a wednesday, I would like to see a channel go up the first day it airs atleast once . I mean E* says they negotiate the best possible price, but E* isn't that much cheaper than d*. either give us the channels or pass on more of the savings.

Green Planet is a rebrand of Discovery Home. The SD Version will be up day one for sure. Who knows about HD, but DISH obviously has a good relationship with Discovery, so it wouldn't surprise me if they get it up on time.

Green Planet is a rebrand of Discovery Home. The SD Version will be up day one for sure. Who knows about HD, but DISH obviously has a good relationship with Discovery, so it wouldn't surprise me if they get it up on time.
Will this channel have it's own exclusive content?
A lot of these channels don't deserve to be their own channel if you can see all of it's content on it's brother and sister channel. Maybe this one is different. :rolleyes:

Will this channel have it's own exclusive content?
A lot of these channels don't deserve to be their own channel if you can see all of it's content on it's brother and sister channel. Maybe this one is different. :rolleyes:

I'm sure it will be a bit of both.

In any case, I'm sure it will be better than Discovery Home, which is basically old reruns of shows that HGTV and Food Network didn't have any interest in.

SignGuyDino my thoughts exactly, Playboy HD would be amazing, But while we are at it why not add some of those unheard of Japanese HD Channels. Sure we can't understand what the heck they are saying but still it would be more HD.

I just signed up for Starz, I would love to have all of their HD channels like Direct does. So I emailed dish and here was their response:

"Thank you for your email. We understand your concerns. We would like to add more Starz HD channels sooner to make viewers like you happy. However, we do not have any specific information regarding your inquiry. Please understand that it is our intent to add a variety of programming and services to please current and future subscribers. We will gladly forward your request to our programming Department for further consideration.
We thank you for your input as we continually review our options in order to provide a compelling lineup for our viewers. Please stay tuned for consumer Charlie Chats that are broadcast monthly on Channel 101 or logon to our website for future programming announcements.
We thank you for allowing us to be of assistance to you. If you have any further questions or concerns, please refer to www.dishnetwork.com or reply to this email."

Sincerely,
Norman R.

I don't want to watch Charlie Chat. :( :( :(

apparently there will be no new hd, as the uplinks have been dead for awhile now, i guess Charlie is tryin to find out how to add to the 22 he gave us and make it sound good

apparently there will be no new hd, as the uplinks have been dead for awhile now,

Are you saying that those other "Temp" channels are now gone?

BTW...someone posted a bunch of stuff at 129 on Lyngsat. There are quite a few things that we know are inaccurate, but it's kind of interesting that this guy listed two MAX channels at 380 and 381. Based on what they're doing with channel numbers, 380 and 381 SHOULD be HD Movie channels, but not Cinemax, since they should be mapped to their normal channels.

I wonder if this is where they intended to put Monsters and KungFu :(. Or maybe the guy that posted all this is just an idiot, since everything else was riddled with errors.

No I'm not sayin that, I'm just sayin, it doesn't look good for us, based on whats been goin on, so I'm not expectin any hd for awhile

My hopefuls:
AMC (Raindow = probable no go)
IFC (Rainbow = probable no go)
FX (News Corp. = probable no go)
Speed (News Corp. = probable no go)

:(

The HD Only package rocks and that's why I'm staying with Dish. The addition of the above 4 channels would have me bouncing off the walls with excitement.:hungry:

You know for after the team summit things are really quiet about any new channels coming this week.... You'd think that Scott and the crew would have given some clue about things by now or unless Charlie really wants a tight seal on things that might be upcoming.:cool:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)