What heppened to the 2 new HD channels

A little problem

BBCA HD, for those that would like to see that channel, click the link. fill out the form and they will send you request for carriage to the service provider. maybe it will get it there quicker.

I have a little problem since BBCA was pushing it before any contracts were signed with any provider. Now they want to put pressure on the providers to put them on w/or w/o the contracts. In fact I still can't find ANY provider that carries them yet. I did some serious searching and just can't find it anywhere in the US.

I have a little problem since BBCA was pushing it before any contracts were signed with any provider. Now they want to put pressure on the providers to put them on w/or w/o the contracts. In fact I still can't find ANY provider that carries them yet. I did some serious searching and just can't find it anywhere in the US.

And none of them will carry it until they fell they have the cheapest deal. BBCA HD is paying for the HD uplink and is now in a desperate situation. The providers like Dish, Direct TV, and cable know this. Now, from their perspective, they are really using this a leverage to get a cheap deal. They are in no rush, but BBCA HD is. BBCA (Discovery Networks) did this to themselves. Do you really think any of these companies are fighting to be the first to help BBCA HD out of its bad situation? Well, for the right, really low price, they would. Dish, Direct, et al. are really in the catbird seat. They have all the time in the world, not BBCA HD paying for an uplink and making no money. Can you really blame Charlie and Brian (Comcast) for NOT providing BBCA HD until they get a bargain?

And none of them will carry it until they fell they have the cheapest deal. BBCA HD is paying for the HD uplink and is now in a desperate situation. The providers like Dish, Direct TV, and cable know this. Now, from their perspective, they are really using this a leverage to get a cheap deal. They are in no rush, but BBCA HD is. BBCA (Discovery Networks) did this to themselves. Do you really think any of these companies are fighting to be the first to help BBCA HD out of its bad situation? Well, for the right, really low price, they would. Dish, Direct, et al. are really in the catbird seat. They have all the time in the world, not BBCA HD paying for an uplink and making no money. Can you really blame Charlie and Brian (Comcast) for NOT providing BBCA HD until they get a bargain?
Is BBCA/Discovery really in such a bad spot? Are there facts/new reports to back this up? I imagine (w/o any facts to back this up) that Discovery Communications relationship with E*, and the others is just fine, as none of the service providers would want to lose Discovery programming. Although BBCA is separate from Discovery, Discovery handles BBCA's distribution, and is probably handled similarly to Science, Animal Planet, etc. I bet BBCA is just fine, and the HD channel will be turned on in due course.

Just for my information, how do we know that BBCA has no carriage agreements in place (with Dish or anyone else)? Just the fact that Dish isn't broadcasting it doesn't mean there's no agreement in place; the launch date may simply be somewhere down the road, dependent on other conditions, etc. I haven't seen anything to indicate that Discovery is paying for the uplink (whatever that means :)) or is in a disadvantaged position, but I may have missed announcements/press releases to the effect that this or that provider doesn't have a carriage agreement.

Just curious as to how much we actually know about this situation.

Can a channel launch when no one can actually see it? According to the BBCA site: "We have a number of deals signed and in the pipeline, and are looking forward to letting you know our partners' HD launch plans. We apologize if the launch of the HD channel has caused confusion, but you can continue to watch all BBC AMERICA programming on the standard definition channel until your provider launches HD." Maybe Discovery is trying to get it bundled with Turbo (the channel)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)