what home theater systems work with the 811

ww2154

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 4, 2004
I am thinking about buying a home theater system. I think I have read in the past some did not work with the 811. Does anyone know if a koss system will work with the 811.

ww2154 said:
I am thinking about buying a home theater system. I think I have read in the past some did not work with the 811. Does anyone know if a koss system will work with the 811.
maybe i am stupid but i see no reason any system would not work if it is at least modern

I think you are refering to some posts (that I can't find) about dolby digital acting strangely with some Dish receivers. Not sure if it was just the 811. I can't answer your Koss question, but I do know that my 811 (when I had it) and my 921 both worked fine with JVC, Denon, Sony and Pioneer receivers.

Yamaha works fine.

It's not the "home theater system" but the A/V switching head unit (aka receiver) that can be the culprit. Make sure it accepts & decodes the full range of sampling rates all at once ( or at least up to 96kHz).

I have a Yamaha 2400 and it works fine with one minor complaint.

The onscreen display (volume etc) does not display with the component input from the 811 ( or component from the DVD). It does work with the 522 (S-video). I was told by a Yamaha tech (email exchange) that it will not work. While I have not been happy with this one small glitch, I have learned to live with it.

I wonder if this problem applies to all receiver brands, or just Yamaha, or is acutally specific to my model 2400.

ctcohen04 said:
I have a Yamaha 2400 and it works fine with one minor complaint.

The onscreen display (volume etc) does not display with the component input from the 811 ( or component from the DVD). It does work with the 522 (S-video). I was told by a Yamaha tech (email exchange) that it will not work. While I have not been happy with this one small glitch, I have learned to live with it.

I wonder if this problem applies to all receiver brands, or just Yamaha, or is acutally specific to my model 2400.

This is definitely a receiver based issue having to deal with OSD on Component outputs and I would suspect not 811 specific. I would also guess it is model specific and other models might support this feature.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)