what & how much for dish network?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

revm1m

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 11, 2006
This is my first post, so please take it easy on me. I have had Directv for 12 years, but now I want to get dish network. I need 1 HD-DVR , 1 HD, 1 SD receiver, What kind of receiver do I need to get, what kind of Dish and how much it would be?

YOu will need one 622, one 211, and one 311(I think thats what it is). Or you could just get one 622, and one 211, and just feed the 622's output 2 to your SDTV. If you did that, you would be able to have DVR functions on your SDTV.

For what dish you would need, it depends on where you live, but most likely a Dish 1000.

thanks for the response . RobertsD ,I live in Milwaukee, WI . I want DishHD Gold. What is the price difference between leasing 622 & 211 and buying them?

Well to purchase the 622, it would be $499, the 211 would be $234(prices are from www.dishstore.net ). To lease the 622, you would pay an upfront fee of $200, and then get $20 off your bill for 10 months resulting in it being free. The 211 would be either $49 or $99 to lease.

If you purchased both recievers, you would have the lease fee taken off of your bill, but I'm not sure if it would be replaced with an additional reciever fee or not.

Normally, I buy stuff. Any stuff. Cars, furniture, houses, etc. I generally do not lease or rent anything as the math of renting usually doesn't work out favorably for my situation.

However -- since the HD hardware offered is changed fairly often it seems (about once a year or so), I'm leasing my equipment until the industry settles down (probably another 3 years or so). My first Dish SD equipment was purchased six years ago before the HD bandwagon really existed -- after rebates I actually came out aheda by $49. I passed on the first Dish HD-DVR, tho, the 921, as it was a buggy piece of junk with no lease option at the time. Dish now offers HD-DVR equipment lease deals that are very competitive with other content providers. And, their HD-DVR, while not perfect, blows the doors off of Scientific Atlanta's offerings through the cable industry.

There's just no way I'm going to pay hundreds of dollars or more to buy a HD-DVR that could very well be obsolete in a year or less. At the time I leased my current 942, the purchase price with installation ranged from $700 to $1,200.

I can effectively swap my leased one-years-old 942 for a new 622-E for $99.

So, in my view, one should lease for awhile until the HD receiver technology dust settles.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)