What is a commitment?

mfs54729

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 4, 2005
Chippewa Falls, WI.
I have a 722 receiver and a 625 receiver. I am thinking about upgrading the 625 to
a 612. This would lower my bill by $7 a month. I think this will require a 24 month
commitment. Am I required to keep the 612 receiver for 24 months or just keep
Dishnetwork service for 24 months? In other words can I return the 612 at some
later date and just keep the 722?
Thanks.

Mark

you just extend the agreement for 24 months. It is not specific related so you could return the 612 at a later date

Means you are under contract for most likely 2 yrs. Or you have just gone nuts and been put away. :D Oh wait that's committed but it close to the same. :) Next joke it's what you do when you get married. Pa dum dum. :D Sometimes I just can't stop myself.

We just updated all of my receivers to 612's because my mother got a new HDTV. They would not allow me just to add her. I had to agree to a 2 year commitment. I was on a mix arch setup. My 612 receiver was on a EA Dish while the other three 510 receivers were on a mix arc of 110, 119 and 61.5. They upgraded the remaining legacy receivers with 612's and now we are all on the EA dish. The way I had it setup was not supported by Dish. We are now future proof as we we be upgrading our two remaining TV's to HD some day.

As an existing customer, the terms of the 24-mo. commitment are basically that you will be charged a cancellation fee of $10.00 for each month remaining if you cancel and that you must maintain a minimum of America's Top 120, DishMEXICO, DISH America, or an international core package. Anything else, as far as disclosures go, really have to do with things like non-returned equipment, credit card qualifications, there has to be the acct holder or full-access user if tech is coming to install to sign paperwork, and the card that you use to qualify needs $1 open on it, cannot be a prepaid, must be in full access users or acct holders name, etc. Any upgrade pricing will also be disclosed at the time of the call.

As long as one receiver is on the account and active, you can send back any and all other leased equipment or deactivate purchased equipment at any time. They will read all of the disclosures to you as you move through the process, and any changes (if there are any between now and then) will be disclosed.

As an existing customer, the terms of the 24-mo. commitment are basically that you will be charged a cancellation fee of $10.00 for each month remaining if you cancel and that you must maintain a minimum of America's Top 120, DishMEXICO, DISH America, or an international core package. Anything else, as far as disclosures go, really have to do with things like non-returned equipment, credit card qualifications, there has to be the acct holder or full-access user if tech is coming to install to sign paperwork, and the card that you use to qualify needs $1 open on it, cannot be a prepaid, must be in full access users or acct holders name, etc. Any upgrade pricing will also be disclosed at the time of the call.

As long as one receiver is on the account and active, you can send back any and all other leased equipment or deactivate purchased equipment at any time. They will read all of the disclosures to you as you move through the process, and any changes (if there are any between now and then) will be disclosed.

Considering what other providers charge to leave their commitments Dish Network's is a deal.;):D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)