What is an IPTV Hardware Kit???

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

armyvet

Original poster
Jul 2, 2008
ive been a dish tech for years and was told to install an iptv hardware kit...DONT HAVE A CLUE!!!

can anyone help me with this???

sat locations, integration, etc.

thanks for any input

I sell them at the Dishstore, its the eithernet to powerline device thats used to extend an eithernet network over the customers powerline to interface with 622's and 722's

All you do is plug the device into the wall and plug the eithernet cord into the customers router. Go on the receiver and run network test and you all set.

PM Me if you want the Echostar Part number.

Also the device is manufactured by Sling Media, but comes in a box with the Echostar logo.

Takes no more than a few minutes to setup if the customer has a router with an open port available.

Why the heck didn't they call it a Homeplug to Ethernet converter? It definitely is not anything remotely resembling IPTV.

Only in the loosest definition of the term "IPTV" - it can download a media file and play it.

By that definition, my web browser on YouTube is IPTV - I think not.

I sell them at the Dishstore, its the eithernet to powerline device thats used to extend an eithernet network over the customers powerline to interface with 622's and 722's

All you do is plug the device into the wall and plug the eithernet cord into the customers router. Go on the receiver and run network test and you all set.

Also the device is manufactured by Sling Media, but comes in a box with the Echostar logo.

Takes no more than a few minutes to setup if the customer has a router with an open port available.

Hey, Claude. Kind of off-topic, but are you going to be carrying DPP33 switches? Someone asked in a thread where to find them not too long ago.

Only in the loosest definition of the term "IPTV" - it can download a media file and play it.

By that definition, my web browser on YouTube is IPTV - I think not.

Actually, no. The ViP622 & ViP722 can download movies over the internet. But no HD that I've seen, yet. So yes, it's real IPTV.

Is this the device you are speaking about? Sling Media - SlingLink TURBO 1-Port Overview

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)