What is best way to get an antenna 1000.2 upgrade?

birkoff

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 21, 2004
I have a cabin in the woods and piggy back it on my regular home dish account. Because I was given a new HDTV, I upgraded to a
211k receiver. The cabin has a older 100/119 antenna and I'm noticing low reception and HD programming was dropping out, so figure I'd
better also upgrade the antenna to a 1000.2. Am I better getting an antenna and LNA from ebay for $63 or can I get one out of Dish for less?
I don't want to pay a $100 service call and have Dish install it.

If you cabin is not your service address, I wouldn't expect Dish to do anything except maybe shut off your offending receiver since what you are doing is termed Account Stacking and is illegal as far as Dish is concerned. Secondary address is supposed to have it's own separate account. If you purchased the 211, you can buy your own dish and set it up as a Pay as you Go account.

If you were a customer of mine and you came in and wanted to do this I would just sell you a 1000.2 antenna outright and let you do what you want with it. If you needed us to do it, we would charge you time and materials. As said before, this is pretty much account stacking.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)