Status
Not open for further replies.

goaliebob99

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Aug 5, 2004
-.-. .... .. -.-. .- --. ---
Hey guys i got my new computer up and running.. this badboy has 5 fans in the case... and i can feel the brease :) My motherboard stays at a constant 84 degrees. while the cpu fluctuates between 91-98 degrees. on average it stays at 95 degrees. the highest i have seen it go is 102. The cpu fan is allways running at 2445 RPm and sometimes fluctuates at 2481 RPM. Is that hot for a cpu or cool. Just wondering :)

Honestly, don't worry about it...If you go nuts monitoring it, you'll spend half of it's life looking at the temps, just use it until it stops, it'll go when it goes. Keeping it 10 degrees cooler isn't worth the time you'll waste looking at temps...

In theory 70°C / 158° F and up is HIGH - as best I can tell from CPU specs. In practice, operating near the upper limit is going to reduce processor life and increase the risk of instability, especially when transient events such as a combination of hot weather and heavy processing push it higher. Aim for 50°C / 122° F maximum. Around 40°C / 104° F is better.

Your 30°C is great as long as all those fans cause no NOISE issues. Seems it would be rather loud to me and power draining.

Remember that when you monitor the temperature in the BIOS set-up screen, the CPU isn't working hard and it will run hotter under load. Did your motherboard come with a diagnostic or health-check utility to monitor CPU temperature from Windows?

http://www.pantherproducts.co.uk/Articles/CPU/CPU Temperatures.shtml

You can always upgrade the fans if noise was an issue. Quiet fans which push more air are not expensive...

The fans are actually quite quiet... Yea im using the asus utility that came with the mb cd. (im monitering in windows and not from cmos) im also slightly overclocking by 3mhz :D...

Sounds like your ok temp wise

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts