what is "DISH NETWORK DVR SERVICEFEE" on my bill?

jjcttx

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 13, 2008
this entry, "DISH NETWORK DVR SERVICEFEE" is for 5.98 on my bill. shouldn't it be covered under the "DISHDVR ADVANTAGE - YOU SAVED $3.98" which is 39.99?

i'm confused by this 6 dollar fee. its also NOT the dish home protection plan DHPP, which is a seperate entry.

any thoughts?

Chat with CSR about DVR Service Fee

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Please find below my chat with the CSR about this fee. Please advice on how to proceed further.

(05-03) Sandra B:
Thank you for choosing Dish Network the leader in HD and DVR. I will be happy to assist you today. Please give me 2-3 minutes to access your account and review the information you have already provided.

ABC: Okay
(05-03) Sandra B: For the capability of recording.
(05-03) Sandra B: Is there anything else I can do for you?
ABC: is this a new fee?
(05-03) Sandra B: No.
ABC: this wasnt there the last few months
ABC: i see this only this month
(05-03) Sandra B: for you.
ABC: I was told DVR Advantage includes the fee for ONE DVR. and I have only one DVR
(05-03) Sandra B: Ok.
(05-03) Sandra B: Did you drop your programming?
ABC: No I changed my programming to HD ONLY
(05-03) Sandra B: that why.
(05-03) Sandra B: You are no longer eligible.
(05-03) Sandra B: Is there anything else I can do for you?
ABC: I was told by the CSR the items that are going to be billed after the change
ABC: this was not one of them
ABC: now suddenly on the bill you charge. I do think this should be charged. I wasn't told that I will no longer be eligible
(05-03) Sandra B: I do apologize for misinformation.
(05-03) Sandra B: that is correct.
ABC: Thank you for your apologies, but I would rather have you remove the charge
(05-03) Sandra B: No,
(05-03) Sandra B: I am not able to.
ABC: Alright let me talk to your CEO. Thank you for the information and the help you could provide.
[/FONT]
spacer.gif

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Please find below my chat with the CSR about this fee. Please advice on how to proceed further.[/FONT]
spacer.gif
No advice to give.
You dropped from a package (DVR Advantage) that included the DVR fee for the first DVR to a package (HD Only) that doesn't include the DVR fee for the first DVR. Therefore the CSR was correct and you should be charged the fee.

No advice to give.
You dropped from a package (DVR Advantage) that included the DVR fee for the first DVR to a package (HD Only) that doesn't include the DVR fee for the first DVR. Therefore the CSR was correct and you should be charged the fee.

Thank you Derwin. If thats a fair charge I am good to live with it. Maybe the OP also changed to HD Only and hence the charge

Thank you Derwin. If thats a fair charge I am good to live with it. Maybe the OP also changed to HD Only and hence the charge
My guess is the OP has 2 DVR's, therefore he gets a charge on the second, as the DVR Advantage only include the fee for the 1st.
I have DVR Advantage with 2 DVR's and get the fee on the 2nd, but not the 1st.

that's what it was, i do have a 2nd dvr. i'd forgotten that it was setup that way in terms of pricing. thanks to all who replied!

No advice to give.

Are you saying you cannot have DVR advantage with the HD only package?

The HD only pack is a completely different programming package from DVR advantage. DVR advantage is a package, not a add-on feature.

Sky Originally Posted by [B said:
langlin[/b]
Are you saying you cannot have DVR advantage with the HD only package?
Thats correct

Why should someone whom is only paying $30 a month get a free dvr, when the rest of us are already paying $50 a month for it and then adding additional $20 for our hd.

I am confused about the pricing. One page says it's $39.99 - With this all-inclusive package, you get over 100 of your favorite channels and your local channels, plus 2-room DVR service and Free Standard Professional Installation.

DISH Network -- Packages Overview

Yet another says it's $49.99 - With this all-inclusive package, you get over 200 of your favorite channels, including SIRIUS music and your local channels, plus 2-room DVR service and Free Standard Professional Installation. Click here for complete DishDVR Advantage details.

You can receive your local Regional Sports Network based on your immediate geographical area, as determined by your ZIP code. (There may be more than one RSN available in your area.).

DISH Network -- Dish DVR Advantage

Is it now limited to Top 200, since that's the only one mentioned when you click on the link from the main page?

Also, if I have a 508 and add a 2-tuner DVR would that also be DVR fee free?

The DVR advantage includes the top 200 channels. The Top 100 for 39.99 is a seperate package. For $10 the DVR advantage pack can be upgraded to the top 250.

If you have a dual tuner dvr and dvr advantage then there should be no fee. A 508 receiver does not have the DVR fee, unless im mistaken. So with DVR advantage there should be no fee.

There are three DVR Advantage packs: One with AT100 @ $39.99; one with AT200 @ $49.99 and one with AT250 @ $59.99.

The HD Only pack is not a DVR Advantage pack, but it saves you a big bill in other ways.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts