What is Dish not Activating now?

I called Dish twice before selling my 811 on Ebay and asked them specifically about authorising the unit if I sold it or gave it away. They said no problem re-authorising the unit.

ptech said:
I called Dish twice before selling my 811 on Ebay and asked them specifically about authorising the unit if I sold it or gave it away. They said no problem re-authorising the unit.

People, they will re authorise the unit, BUT the question is will you be allowed to even get the mpeg 2 HD channels. Existing subscribers who add it to an account that already have the old HD pack may get lucky with this, (and we really don't know this for sure yet either, unless I missed it in another post) but anyone who is adding HD for the first time, will not be able to.

Here's a scenario.......

I upgrade to the 622 on one of my receivers. I add the Platinum pak to get the new HD channels and New York Locals. They delete the old AEP, HD Pak, and Voom Originals line items from my bill.

If I had multiple HD mpeg2 receivers on my account, do the others go dark for HD channels when the codes for my OLD package go away? Since they will not activate any new mpeg2 receivers for HD channels from this point forth, do I windup killing my HD receivers that DON'T get replaced?

I only have one HD receiver right now, a 921. I'm going to shift that to a backup receiver on an SD TV for now in case I upgrade my bedroom TV to HD this year. Will my plan not work?

BobMurdoch said:
Here's a scenario.......

I upgrade to the 622 on one of my receivers. I add the Platinum pak to get the new HD channels and New York Locals. They delete the old AEP, HD Pak, and Voom Originals line items from my bill.

If I had multiple HD mpeg2 receivers on my account, do the others go dark for HD channels when the codes for my OLD package go away? Since they will not activate any new mpeg2 receivers for HD channels from this point forth, do I windup killing my HD receivers that DON'T get replaced?

I only have one HD receiver right now, a 921. I'm going to shift that to a backup receiver on an SD TV for now in case I upgrade my bedroom TV to HD this year. Will my plan not work?

My 211 add:
Deleted Digital Home advantage.
Deleted Dish Network HD Package.
Credited VOOM Original
Added DishHD Platinum W/locals

All old HD receivers receive HD just as they did before. The answer is no you do not kill the HD on the other recivers

Thanks gdarwin, good to know that if you were subscribed to an old pack before, you will not lose it when you add a mpeg 4 reciever.

Now, which may have been answered already, has anyone tried to activate a new or used mpeg 2 HD reciever to an account that already has the old HD pack? If you can, then it looks like we've taken care of the likely scenarios.

The main thing I'm getting out of this is:

DON'T CANCEL YOUR OLD HD PACK UNTIL YOU HAVE YOUR MPEG 2 HD UNITS ACTIVATED!!

Spoke to an E* CSR earlier. Was told that I CAN add my 6000U whenever I want. I do have an 811 and I did get the HD pack BEFORE 2/1, so I agree with the advice. If you already have the HD programming, you should be able to add another MPEG2 unit with no probelm. I also do not see them dropping the old HD Package until all active MPEG2 receivers have been replaced, which will probably be at LEAST a year from now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts