What is fixed on my box now...

cheezwiz

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 24, 2004
Well,

Out of all the problems I have with my 522, all the software upgrades have solved two problems:

1. My receiver no longer loses video and audio requiring a reboot once per week to get my channels back... :) (Fixed by 169)

2. Mr receiver no longer drops to live TV and locks up requiring a reboot while watching a recorded show. :) (fixed by 169)

Problem sorta fixed:
My caller ID now hits > 50% correct. Before it did not work AT ALL.. :confused: (after 20x)

Problems created: (all after 20x)
1. Can no longer pause live TV because audio and video "hiccups" so often that it is intolerable...

2. If watching a recording, then another recording starts, the recorded show I am watching gets the color-fade problem and sound quits.

3. While watching live TV, the audio and video will glitch like rain fade or someone walking past the dish. Completely random.

Continued Problems since I got my box:

1. Sound will just quit when watching live TV or recorded shows. Requires a pause-play or skip back to solve. Can do it 5 to 6 times per hour or none at all. Completely random.

cheezwiz said:
Well,

Out of all the problems I have with my 522, all the software upgrades have solved two problems:

1. My receiver no longer loses video and audio requiring a reboot once per week to get my channels back... :) (Fixed by 169)

2. Mr receiver no longer drops to live TV and locks up requiring a reboot while watching a recorded show. :) (fixed by 169)

Problem sorta fixed:
My caller ID now hits > 50% correct. Before it did not work AT ALL.. :confused: (after 20x)

1. Can no longer pause live TV because audio and video "hiccups" so often that it is intolerable...

2. If watching a recording, then another recording starts, the recorded show I am watching gets the color-fade problem and sound quits.

3. While watching live TV, the audio and video will glitch like rain fade or someone walking past the dish. Completely random.

1. Sound will just quit when watching live TV or recorded shows. Requires a pause-play or skip back to solve. Can do it 5 to 6 times per hour or none at all. Completely random.

Dont you love it when you are sitting there... watching TV on a nice clear sunny day and BAM acquiring satellite pops up... Doesnt happen on my other recievers but is kindof annoying

1. My receiver no longer loses video and audio requiring a reboot once per week to get my channels back... (Fixed by 169)

2. My receiver no longer drops to live TV and locks up requiring a reboot while watching a recorded show. (fixed by 169)

Problem sorta fixed:
My caller ID now hits > 50% correct. Before it did not work AT ALL.. (after 20x)

Problems created: (with 205):

1. when I am working in the menu's and hit guide, my system reboots.

2. While watching live TV, the video will go black while the sound continues.

3. When playing back recorded shows, sometimes the video plays without the sound.

4. Now, anytime a show is being recorded, when I watch a recorded show or live TV on the other channel, it glitches - freezes - chirps - and pixelates CONSTANTLY!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)