What is going to happen?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
C-Span is essentially free. Funded by the Cable Companies.

And to be perfectly honest, I understand how you feel, but Fox News has been almost nothing but pre-recorded shows or fill in hosts over the past 2 weeks - so you did not miss much.

They clearly gave the majority off and did not have the staff for when News happened over the Holidays.

You could watch coverage of the missing plane live on CNN or watch the rerun of "The Man Who Shot UBL" on Fox News, even with CNN's insane statements such as "terrorist plots do not happen in bad weather".

I work so I miss a lot of programming. C-span was re-running funerals. Bradlee died 6 months ago, like I want to watch that.

Ala Carte might force C-Span to have its viewers pay full rate, I'm up with it. Political junkies will pay it no matter where they are on the spectrum.

To be honest, Fox News is my noise channel, some people play a radio, leave a certain channel on, when I pay attention, I like the noise I'm getting from Fox. I do cross check a bit from other sources, C-Span and the web.

I sure hope most of us are not sitting in front of our TV glued to it. If I'm going to be glued, I'm watching a movie on Netflix. :)

I am guessing an easy 75 million of those 100 million are capable receiving the new,cheaper, smaller packaged tv channels, thats a lot of potential customers that the traditional sat ,cable phone companies stand to loose. No wonder most of them are offering the service.

We've seen how good your guesses are.

Reactions: ChadT41
I work so I miss a lot of programming. C-span was re-running funerals. Bradlee died 6 months ago, like I want to watch that.

Ala Carte might force C-Span to have its viewers pay full rate, I'm up with it. Political junkies will pay it no matter where they are on the spectrum.

To be honest, Fox News is my noise channel, some people play a radio, leave a certain channel on, when I pay attention, I like the noise I'm getting from Fox. I do cross check a bit from other sources, C-Span and the web.

I sure hope most of us are not sitting in front of our TV glued to it. If I'm going to be glued, I'm watching a movie on Netflix. :)
You are not alone, I go into many business's on a weekly basis and the owners keep Fox news going all day as I do myself.
Dish greatly underestimated Fox news loyalty, going to cost him a lot of subs, how long you willing to wait before you pull the plug on Dish?

You are not alone, I go into many business's on a weekly basis and the owners keep Fox news going all day as I do myself.
Dish greatly underestimated Fox news loyalty, going to cost him a lot of subs, how long you willing to wait before you pull the plug on Dish?

Applying for jobs probably does take you into many businesses.

Hope you find something soon so you can enter the real world and find out that things cost money.

Life isn't free.

Again, as typical, you are looking at one price.

It cost much more than $49 a month to lay fiber to the home.

And Municipalities are not printing money at a printing press like the US Government to pay for that installation.

It is being paid for at a major cost by the residents in other fees. You just fail to realize that fact.

So your $49 argument is just a red herring.
AT&T 1 gig internet 70 bucks, Google 1 gig internet 70 bucks, both just 120 with impressive TV lineup. private companies that have to extract profit, very easy for a citizen owned 1 gig to go for 49 bucks, no red herring at all.

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2462322,00.asp

AT&T offers a premier ($70/month for 1 Gbps speeds plus $120/month for TV services) or standard package ($99/month for 1 Gbps speeds).

Just to clarify a couple things as well. It talks about Google fiber in that article as well, and I am in a major metropolitian area myself, in the dead center of it actually, and there are two competitors for Gbps speeds. Neither of which come through my area, and they are very very very small sectors. Those two providers are Cox Cable, and Google Fiber, so remember to consider how many they will actually be offering to. They are going through Austin, but how many people in Austin will be able to get them? My guess, still a small percentage.

AT&T 1 gig internet 70 bucks, Google 1 gig internet 70 bucks, both just 120 with impressive TV lineup. private companies that have to extract profit, very easy for a citizen owned 1 gig to go for 49 bucks, no red herring at all.

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2462322,00.asp

After the customer pays thousands and thousands via taxes to get the system built in the first place...(and continues to pay it in addition to the $49 a month, but like you, is short sighted and does not include it).

Reactions: ChadT41
The government that you mention is "You & I" . When people get to work on this problem they either scare the incumbent provider into action or form their own group and do it thru a gov. entity, happening all the time in progressive communities that take the bull by the horns. Often times in these smaller communities the mayor's sister runs the local phone co., it's just a matter of rooting them out and demanding better.
Do you live in Mayberry?

I'm paying $50 a month now for 3.0 MBps. I have never tested out more than 1.5 down. As far as our community (of 1000) doing 1 gig internet forget it. We can't even agree on a new fire truck or the school budget.

I'm paying $50 a month now for 3.0 MBps. I have never tested out more than 1.5 down. As far as our community (of 1000) doing 1 gig internet forget it. We can't even agree on a new fire truck or the school budget.
Lol...sorry, thinking about a town hall meeting on the color of a fire truck... I only laugh to myself, because it very specifically reminded me of Pleasantville

Reactions: WXIK K-96
Are you able to watch video reliably with that 3 mbps?

Google is installing at no cost to the cities and just charging 70 bucks for 1 gig access and just 120 for tv and 1 gig.. AT&T is the same. Google is even providing 5 mbps internet for no monthly cost. Both have to make a profit and pay their shareholders, a municipal project does not incur theses cost, so 49 buck 1 gig internet is doable.
Google Fiber will cover the cost of commercially reasonable construction and installation expenses.
https://fiber.google.com/communityconnections/
https://fiber.google.com/cities/provo/

This article says it all. citizens need to elect good leadership and demand better, will only help Dish NuTV and all the others succeed.

These new services have had a positive impact on prices,

"When a community builds its own network it enters the market with a lower price than the incumbents had been offering. Often the incumbent then lowers their price - often even further than the municipal network is offering - so when a community starts offering a service the prices typically drop."

In Lafayette, Louisiana, $35 can get you 15Mbps from the municipal internet service. But only one in 10 US cities have public electricity utilities and 19 states have discouraged or banned communities from building these networks, says Mitchell.
So sad that people can not understand.
Why???? see below
http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-24528383
http://readwrite.com/2014/07/22/internet-slow-expensive-us

Google is installing at no cost to the cities and just charging 70 bucks for 1 gig access and just 120 for tv and 1 gig.. AT&T is the same. Google is even providing 5 mbps internet for no monthly cost. Both have to make a profit and pay their shareholders, a municipal project does not incur theses cost, so 49 buck 1 gig internet is doable.
Google Fiber will cover the cost of commercially reasonable construction and installation expenses.
https://fiber.google.com/communityconnections/
https://fiber.google.com/cities/provo/

Wrong there is a $350 to $400 charge to the homeowner if you want service run to your home and there has to be so many in a neighborhood sign up before Google starts a buildout in any area. My cousin is in the current build out in KC. His is supposed to be ready in 3 months assuming no weather delays.

Wrong there is a $350 to $400 charge to the homeowner if you want service run to your home and there has to be so many in a neighborhood sign up before Google starts a buildout in any area. My cousin is in the current build out in KC. His is supposed to be ready in 3 months assuming no weather delays.
got it cheap...folks around here are being charged $500. Wish it would come to my side of the town.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts