What is Ideal Signal strength.

andyin137

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 23, 2008
Lompoc,California
Last week I had my Dish knocked out of alignment due to High Winds,I was able to push Dush with broom handle and get system to work again ,however my signal strength is only 38 on all 3 satelittes,should it be stronger.Trying to decide if I need to have Dish come out and realign for best signal.(I am disabled not able to do this myself)Picture is fine now because weather is clear and calm,just wonder if signal is strong enough when we get bad weather.Appreciate any help.

Yes that is way too low, I would call dish.

Last week I had my Dish knocked out of alignment due to High Winds,I was able to push Dush with broom handle and get system to work again ,however my signal strength is only 38 on all 3 satelittes,should it be stronger.Trying to decide if I need to have Dish come out and realign for best signal.(I am disabled not able to do this myself)Picture is fine now because weather is clear and calm,just wonder if signal is strong enough when we get bad weather.Appreciate any help.

Have the Tech check the dish to make sure the dish isn't damaged or warped.
The pivot bolt should be very tight too. Have him put in a self tap screw in the skew so the dish won't move. Just my 2 cents worth.

Can someone post the transponder and corresponding sig strength for a .4 dish? On a 500 western arc the benchmark transponder I use is 11 and its corresponding sig strength number but am not sure what to use on the .4 dish. Thanks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)