What is most cost effective 4 me????

emdawgz1

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 6, 2004
Here's the lowdown.

I currently own, a dish 811 (bought on Ebay) and am using an old D* single lnb dish on the 110 only to get my programming. I have a Superdish sitting under the stairs not in use because i wasnt able to install it myself.

I have an hd capable tv and i watch ota hd (loving it).

What i'd like is to get a pvr, to recieve hd channels from E* and add a second room.

Is there a deal i can get from E* that w/ let me do this without breaking the bank?

Are you an existing customer or just using the 811 for OTA reception? If you are subscribing go back to Ebay and buy whatever is affordable to you. If you are a new customer you should be able to lease upto 4 receivers from DISH.

I'm a suscriber. I dont know if i want to lay out the several hundred to buy a 942.

I also need to get my superdish installed.

I'm hoping that dish as an upgrade package that might help.

<<What i'd like is to get a pvr, to recieve hd channels from E* and add a second room.>>

To receive HD channels, can you use the existing dish? or do you need to replace it with Superdish?

Assuming you can use the existing dish, but don't have an additional feed coming from dish, I believe you could add a switch to another receiver to your room.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts