what is proper hd video format to stream converted bluray

voodooevil

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 25, 2005
North Carolina, USA
Hello.
I have my blu-ray collection in mkv format and use western digital media player to stream them from my pc.
I had hoped to eleminate that player and use the hopper to stream over DLNA server. ( I use MEZZMO)
I can convert my blu-rays to any format, but what is best for HOPPER to keep them in HD and at least dolby audio.
I can get some of my movies to play.
One thing I see that is common is that I can not fastF any movie. only stop, pause, or skip to the next movie.
any thoughts.
Thanks.
Joe

If you are looking to stream blu-ray, IMO you should look into some of the devices with more robust streaming support. There are excellent options from Popcorn Hour, Dune, Western Digital and others.

For whatever it's worth, I rip my daughter's DVDs and use Handbrake to convert them to the m4v format, which I then rename to mp4 for compatibility with the Hopper. Doesn't seem to recognize them otherwise.

I have all mine ripped to MKV and cant really play them on the Hopper (it tried)

But it may have more to do with the DLNA servers and the way it transcodes them. I havent screwed with the transcode settings at all... I have yet to find the perfect DLNA server yet. :)

For whatever it's worth, I rip my daughter's DVDs and use Handbrake to convert them to the m4v format, which I then rename to mp4 for compatibility with the Hopper. Doesn't seem to recognize them otherwise.

Hi! New here. New with Hopper. I've used my PS3 to stream all sorts of formats from my Mac through PS3 Media Server and MediaLink. What setup do I need to stream to the Hopper?

I use PlayOn lite. I have many different formats on my computer, including mkv, and it streams them all. The only setting that I adjust is having it not transcode mp4, because the Hopper plays that format fine on it's own. It's funny how the different media servers work. PlayOn is the only one that I can get to play everything on my Hopper, but Serviio is the only one that my television's DLNA will recognize.

Finally upgraded to the Hopper

Dish Pricing Question

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)