What is Single-Stack LNB Type?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

8Ball Sam

Original poster
Jun 17, 2007
I looked in the fta-faq forum and didn't find an answer. Apologies if the information is here somewhere but when I tried a search for "single stack" I got so many results that I'm guessing the search function looks for all posts that have either search word even if they are placed in quotes.

Basically I'm wondering what, exactly, the Single Stack LNB type is. And while I'm asking, what the other types in my fta receiver's settings are. I know what a couple of them are, basically. But I'd really like to find a thread that explains what they all really are.

Thanks very much in advance. This is a nice site, by the way, and it is refreshing to find one that has real information without all the pirate crap on it. Think this site and maybe Sadoun's forums might be the only sites on the internet that are like that.:up

Where have you seen that term used?
In what context?
Ku-band or on C-band.
Commercial equipment or for home reception?

If it's "band stacked", that we can explain . . . :cool:

Also, which specific receiver do you have?
Some of them use slightly different terminology, but mean the same thing.

I noticed my Pansat has a single stcak. It shows
10750 V
11250 H

Have no idea what its for but its probably used in Europe

The other ones I've seen are
Standard (self explanatory...fill in whatever you want. 5150, 10750, 10600, 68754 whatever)
Universal 1 (9750/10600)
Universal 2 (9750/10750)...must be used in Europe
Stacked (5150/5750) used in C-Band and is used for a stacked LNB (C-Band)...Sadoun sells them. They put the H up in the higher band but when you scan it still scans them at the right frequency :)

Coolsat calls Stacked OCS and you can specify the frequencies

StarChoice used at one time a SINGLE output STACKED LNBF. The large beer can type that Iceberg posted in another thread recently.

Specifications:

Input: 11.7-12.2GHz
Polarity: Vertical & Horizontal Linear
(both polarities available at all times)
Output: 950-1450MHz & 1650-2150MHz

They also had a subscriber unit that would unstack the signals.

Last edited:
Larry
I wonder if that's what it's for?? (the 10750V/11250H setup)

From what I always thought (could be wrong) is that the StarChoice tuners (most but not all models) could tune from 950 to 2150. That way they did not have to change the LO. The Pansat tuner must not be able to tune that wide of range, so it uses 2 LO's, one for the lower frequencies and another for the higher frequencies. (to shift the 1650-2150 down to 950-1450)

when the Pansat works with a standard it scans from 950-1600 IF frequency. When I set the Pansat to "single stacked" for C-Band (5150/5750) on H it STARTS at 1550 goes up to 2100 then scans on V from 950 to 1600

If you use any other LNB setup then that the Pansat scans 950-2150 automatically. So if you have Universal, Standard 10600, Standard 11250, or the "stacked" settings that we have used for bandstacked LNB's...for KU it was 13850

The only time it scans from 950-1600 is if its standard 10750

hmmm.....I dont have any bandstacked KU LNB's anymore but I wonder if thats the way to make it work

from thinking about it, thats probably how it works with a bandstacked LNB

after thinking more about it, thats how it works

the H polarity stuff starts at 12200 and if you take 11250 and add 950 (the IF frequency), you get....ta da ;)

on the Fortec Classic "Single-S" sets the LNB at 5150/5750. Just tried it and works on the bandstacked C-Band LNB :)

I noticed my Pansat has a single stack. It shows
10750 V
11250 H

My Pansat 3500SD has a single stack, but it shows:
10750 V / 10175 H

Anyhow, I did use my stacked Star Choice LNB (dual LNB) at one time, and here are the notes I wrote on it. I cannot remember now if I used the single stack setting or not.

On a horizontal scan only, the vertical frequencies are 575 lower than actual, while the horizontal frequencies are correct. If the vertical is scanned then the vertical frequencies are correct and the horizontal are 575 higher than actual.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)