What is "System Integrity Check"?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

JerseyGuy

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Jan 4, 2006
I was running CNN and Fox News Side by Side PIP and then my 625 stopped responding to my commands, but both CNN and Fox News were running. Just as I was about to reset the DVR I get "System Integrity Check-Please do not interrupt. Check can take up to 10 minutes" The check took 4 and reset the reciever.

I would assume it does this when it senses a problem on the hard drive? If so my HD might be begining to go because, it just did it again, this time it took longer 6 minutes to complete.

Disk problems are not related to FSCK. Its fixing errors in the file structures on the disk. Worse cases it request a reinit of the partition.

Anyone else notice that their 625 has lately had a growing problem with a corrupt hard drive? Or is that just me?

Well it did it again, and my warranty is up in March, could this be a sign of a hard drive that is going bad?

I have about every 2 hours a hang up where the image freezes. switching off the power and switching it back on after a 15 seconds gives me first the system integrity check and it is looking for the satelite signal. All together that takes about 15 minutes. Is there a way to remedy this?

Open a cover of 625; disconnect IDE and power connectors from internal disk; use long power/IDE cables from your PC; boot and run MHDD from floppy/CD; do scan with Remap=ON (F4; F4).

Open a cover of 625; disconnect IDE and power connectors from internal disk; use long power/IDE cables from your PC; boot and run MHDD from floppy/CD; do scan with Remap=ON (F4; F4).

What about for those of us who are leasing our 625? Mine has started to do a check everyday.

Will dish replace it?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)