What is the "$99 April deal"?

All DISH Network Solutions Include:
. Leased ViP Series Receiver

. State-of-the-Art Dish Antenna
(if applicable)
Upgrade Offer:
Lease ViP 211 Receiver
Lease Upgrade Fee: $49
Standard Professional Installation Includes Dish Antenna (if applicable)

Upgrade Offer:
Lease ViP 622 Receiver
Lease Upgrade Fee: $299.99
Available to New & Existing Customers:
Total Upgrade Price $299.99
(includes Standard Professional Installation and Dish Antenna (if applicalble))

Upgrade Offer:

Elligible Customers: Currently have a DISH 811 or 6000 Receiver
Upgrade Offer: Lease ViP211 HD Receiver
Lease Upgrade Fee: $49
& Standard Professional Installl
Total Upgrade Price: $49
* If Swapping, requires return of existing receiver

ViP Rebate Offer
. Swap Your Existing Receiver for a ViP Series HD/DVR for Just $99.99
($200 Rebate Off Our Current Price of $299.99)
. Rebate Offer Begins On April 1, 2006

Last edited:
Ahhhhh. There's the rub.

Well, I might have jumped on a $99 HD DVR upgrade fee to go back with Dish. But, not $300. They're nucking futs.

Plus, since when did Dish become as expensive as cable? I was looking at the Dish HD packages. Add in HBO, DVR fee, Locals, TVJapan, to DishHD Gold, and I think it's more expensive than the equivilent Comcast service. (or certainly in the same ballpark now) Holy Schnikeys!

GaryPen said:
Ahhhhh. There's the rub.

Well, I might have jumped on a $99 HD DVR upgrade fee to go back with Dish. But, not $300. They're nucking futs.

Plus, since when did Dish become as expensive as cable? I was looking at the Dish HD packages. Add in HBO, DVR fee, Locals, TVJapan, to DishHD Gold, and I think it's more expensive than the equivilent Comcast service. (or certainly in the same ballpark now) Holy Schnikeys!

More HD content than Comcast. Or any cable company for that matter. Worth it for me.

GaryPen said:
Ahhhhh. There's the rub.

The "competition" D* is asking 499 to "lease" a HD DVR

For this Rebate offer:

ViP Rebate Offer

Does it include the 811 that I lease?

sonnyboy11 said:
More HD content than Comcast. Or any cable company for that matter. Worth it for me.
If you include Voom, yes. Most people will say Voom is the same crap over and over again, with rarely any new programming, though.
Cable offers local HD and local sports in HD in most of its DMA's. Dish only has a few right now. So, it kind of evens out in many instances.

It is getting better on the Voom channels and if you check out Sean Mota's section on upcoming new V shows you would see just as much new programing as any other channel supplies.

But Comcrap please.... OMG

Last edited:
I got this one guys! :)

cincy said:
For this Rebate offer:

ViP Rebate Offer

Does it include the 811 that I lease?

NO

At least I held up on the long-winded reason 'why' that deal is only for the 921/942. I am getting better!

It will be interesting to see how much the CSRs will mess up this deal. I bet a lot of callers will get CSRs charging only $99 for any equipment upgrade to vip622.

LOL... And you can bet a lot of members here will be calling to try and get in on it too that don't have the 921/942.... Who can blame them though for what dish has done in the past...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts