What is the best cabling hookup system for the microHD.

avenger

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 11, 2005
Slidell, Louisiana
Did some research but cannot find the answer to my question.

Somewhere in one of these threads was mentioned, that some members were having certain anomalities when using the microHD while in the HDMI or other setup mode.

Also there was a mention of a default when using 1080i or some other setting for the initial setup of the microHD.

I guess that what I am asking is, what is better cabling mode to use, such as the HDMI cable or the tricolor composite video cable for a better ressult.

Thank You.

Yeah the HDMI works way better :)

There was a software glitch where the Micro was defaulting to a display that most TV's wouldnt get (I think it was 1080p)....requiring you to use the a/v cables until you could switch the output to something like 720p.
The newest software defaults to 720p

(the a/v cable is hard coded to 480i)

I am using the HDMI cable, but cannot get any Quality signal showing while trying to scan 97W. The receiver show a signal of 45%, but 0% for Quality.

Downloaded the new software, and now shows alot of satellites with the heart sign, and 97W is one of them.

While using the Fortec (F.L.U), the quality signal is 65% to 73% on most the channels for 97W, zero for the microHD. Does the microHD has to be pointed precisely to the satellite with no marging of error.

I must be doing something wrong, but cannot figure out what it is.

Sounds like your LO setting or switch settings need to be checked - µHD vs Fortec Ultra.
Bob

Well, did some more work/playing with microHD, and was able to scan and download some satellites channels. I am working my way up from 83W to 125W for right now.

I guess that I was not holding my mouth right. LOL!!!. But I am not out of the woods yet.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts