This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

What is the Best Configuration For The Buck.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

nuclearwerewolf

Original poster
Oct 23, 2008
Charlotte, NC
I am talking to a client right now that is wanting to buy a system pronto.
He removed his cable bill and is willing to put money in to get a free to air system that is the best for the buck.

The bottom buck line: $415.00 after shipping.

What FTA Satellite/Receiver System (whole set) would you guys recommend in this case. Again, I am new to this whole entire market, assume I know nothing.

Any response in help would be fantastic!

For less than $200 you can get a stationary geosatpro 36" stationary dish and a visionsat receiver. That will get you started.

I would recommend getting a receiver that also has an ATSC tuner. I have the Diamond 9000HD. Say you buy one of those and a stationary dish, you will be in it ~$250.

ATSC + Galaxy18= good free tv!

I hope this person isn't expecting to get the same channels on fta as on cable. He may be in for a disappointment. I would look at one of the sponsors above and check out their package fta deals. You should get a nice setup for $415.00.

This is a hobby. Each configuration is unique for each user.
So, the best bang for the buck depends a lot on what the client expects and what he wants to watch.

Some users are restricted to a narrow portion of the sky due to trees and buildings, others can get the entire arc of satellites. A more expensive setup could be a better bang than a less expensive system that only gets one satellite.

Therefore, without knowing the client's expectations, where he lives, and other challenges exist, it's hard to recommend any system.

I appreciate the Feed Back. I am sure he is looking for more but he knows what he is in for. As for me, I am becoming more of an enthusiast of FTA. I will get one of my own. I have already purchased a system for a friend of mine and am in the process of finishing the installation. This is really neat technology but it does seem a bit secluded from the cool channels.

Status
Please reply by conversation.