What is the Best Configuration For The Buck.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

nuclearwerewolf

Original poster
Oct 23, 2008
Charlotte, NC
I am talking to a client right now that is wanting to buy a system pronto.
He removed his cable bill and is willing to put money in to get a free to air system that is the best for the buck.

The bottom buck line: $415.00 after shipping.

What FTA Satellite/Receiver System (whole set) would you guys recommend in this case. Again, I am new to this whole entire market, assume I know nothing.

Any response in help would be fantastic!

For less than $200 you can get a stationary geosatpro 36" stationary dish and a visionsat receiver. That will get you started.

I would recommend getting a receiver that also has an ATSC tuner. I have the Diamond 9000HD. Say you buy one of those and a stationary dish, you will be in it ~$250.

ATSC + Galaxy18= good free tv!

I hope this person isn't expecting to get the same channels on fta as on cable. He may be in for a disappointment. I would look at one of the sponsors above and check out their package fta deals. You should get a nice setup for $415.00.

This is a hobby. Each configuration is unique for each user.
So, the best bang for the buck depends a lot on what the client expects and what he wants to watch.

Some users are restricted to a narrow portion of the sky due to trees and buildings, others can get the entire arc of satellites. A more expensive setup could be a better bang than a less expensive system that only gets one satellite.

Therefore, without knowing the client's expectations, where he lives, and other challenges exist, it's hard to recommend any system.

I appreciate the Feed Back. I am sure he is looking for more but he knows what he is in for. As for me, I am becoming more of an enthusiast of FTA. I will get one of my own. I have already purchased a system for a friend of mine and am in the process of finishing the installation. This is really neat technology but it does seem a bit secluded from the cool channels.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)