What is the FSN HD holdup?

Clint3200

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 26, 2006
I am getting very P.O.'d about not having the HD FSN's since D* does.
I would have never switched to E* if I had known they were deceiving us by saying they would have the FSN's in HD "this fall" and "very soon".

Crap. Who cares about kung fu and modelling. I should 've stayed with D*....

:mad:

I have to agree with OP. First we were told that E* was working on getting the RSN's in HD, then they told us on the Tech Chat (2-3 months ago??) that we could expect around 10 RSN's in HD very soon and more later, then they uplinked several of them, then we heard that there was a software issue holding things up but that it would be resolved ASAP.

Well, here we are weeks later and nothing has changed. How large/complicated is this software issue?? Does Bill Gates need to fly in and take a look? Meanwhile we've missed the end of the MLB season and now the beginning of Hockey season. What's the holdup?

Other than this issue I couldn't be happier with E*. I switched to them specifically because of their HD offerings and I have been very impressed thus far.

Come on E*, come through for us again!

I agree with you db2........I think the answer is that E* needs to come up with what "soon" is defined as ? Is it one week, one month or one year ?

I thought for sure it would be available when the NHL season started but nope. Maybe if we are lucky we will have it by the time playoffs start (next April). :mad:

Last edited:
Merely add 3-6 months to any E* estimate and you have a 50-50 chance of being satisfied. The other 50% never show up (Internet on 721, Firewire recording on 921, name based recording on older receivers, etc.)

im getting ticked as well,comcast is looking like more and more of an option,full hd,and howard.ill give them till the end of the year,then eat my contract to keep my sanity!:hungry:

Who cares about kung fu and modelling

No sh*t...home and garden HD, are you fvcking kidding me? Man, thank God I can watch some woman decorate her home in HD...wow the wallpaper colors are just so vibrant! :confused:

brabus said:
No sh*t...home and garden HD, are you fvcking kidding me? Man, thank God I can watch some woman decorate her home in HD...wow the wallpaper colors are just so vibrant! :confused:

"Different strokes for different folks." Home and Garden HD is very popular in our HD circles.:hatsoff:

I'm sure it is...just hard for me to see it, but then again I'm sure there's plenty of people who can't see why there needs to be 2 ESPNs in HD. Those poor misled souls! ;)

Guys, I have Charter in St Louis. We have FSN HD. Im glad we do, BUT its not that big of a deal, it's hardly ever on. They broadcast about 15 Cardinal games on it, THATS ALL, well a few and I mean few college games. Dont get me wrong i LOVED watching the games in HD but 99% of the time it's blank.So you are missing something, but not alot.

I love all my HD (Dish's and OTA) now even more that I got a replacement 211 with a working HDMI. The digital dvi input on my Panny doesn't have any complex adjustments (like the red and blue crosshairs) so it's already as good as it can get. It does have noise reduction and true color, which I have turned off and on respectively. Oh, and the FSN HD previews have been so amazing, why wouldn't Charlie want to see that every night?

dantheman77 said:
Guys, I have Charter in St Louis. We have FSN HD. Im glad we do, BUT its not that big of a deal, it's hardly ever on. They broadcast about 15 Cardinal games on it, THATS ALL, well a few and I mean few college games. Dont get me wrong i LOVED watching the games in HD but 99% of the time it's blank.So you are missing something, but not alot.

Some are luckier than others. On FSN-Bay Area, we are getting 25 Sharks games and 30 Warriors games this year in HD. We had 50 Giants games, and 47 A's games in HD this season. If my math is correct, that is 152 High Definition games that I could watch this year from my local RSN. Of those 152 games, I've seen zero in HD having Dish Network. That pretty much blows.

r_childress said:
Last time I checked, Fall just started a couple of weeks ago.

But if you told someone at work you would have a report "very soon" , stressing the word VERY when you said it, do you think they would expect it before 3 months later?

The guy stressed "very soon" a long time ago. Also, when TV people say coming "this fall", that means September does it not?

My point is if they can't deliver, they should not make false statements. I signed up in June and was satisfied with E* until this scenario unfolded....

My team's college football game is on HD this Saturday, but guess what---not on E*. Only on D*. :mad:

DanB474 said:
Some are luckier than others. On FSN-Bay Area, we are getting 25 Sharks games and 30 Warriors games this year in HD. We had 50 Giants games, and 47 A's games in HD this season. If my math is correct, that is 152 High Definition games that I could watch this year from my local RSN. Of those 152 games, I've seen zero in HD having Dish Network. That pretty much blows.
wow good point!!! you changed my mind, i have fsn hd and im now pissed!! thanks for making my day! LOL congards for all your hd!!

Clint3200 said:
But if you told someone at work you would have a report "very soon" , stressing the word VERY when you said it, do you think they would expect it before 3 months later?

The guy stressed "very soon" a long time ago. Also, when TV people say coming "this fall", that means September does it not?

My point is if they can't deliver, they should not make false statements. I signed up in June and was satisfied with E* until this scenario unfolded....

My team's college football game is on HD this Saturday, but guess what---not on E*. Only on D*. :mad:

Not picking on you - just that your post was handy.

A few of us did try to warn you new guys about Dish. They're always pushing the "hype" envelope to the edge and beyond.

It's just the way they do business. They'll insinuate a lot of things but always leave it ambiguous enough so they can't legally be called on it.

I'm beginning to suspect their latest scheme might be "leaking" false information to certain top members of this forum in an attempt to undermine their (and by extension, this forum's) credability.

Ok, now it's serious. Oklahoma/Iowa State is in HD this weekend on FSN. COME ON DISH!!!! MAKE IT HAPPEN!!!! :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)