What is the latest version of vip211z? How to download it if I do not have that? and how relevant is that with current events like the hacking problem

Dish Fan

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 18, 2019
Phoenix
Hi there, I currently have four vip211z receivers, but I seem to have lost the HD version of a couple of channels. I recently ordered CINEMAX, and my account shows that it has been ordered and is now active. But it does not work, I do not have cinemeax yet. I'm curious if these issues are related to the current problems that are being experienced.

I've been advised that in order for everything to work properly, I need to have the latest firmware version installed on my receivers. Two of my receivers have L904, one has L901, and the remaining one has L749. Unfortunately, I'm still experiencing the same issues on all of my receivers.

I would appreciate any advice on how to obtain the latest firmware version, as I'm unsure how to download it if I don't already have it. Additionally, I'm wondering how relevant updating the firmware is to current events, specifically with regard to recent hacking problems.

Thanks a lot

Hi there, I currently have four vip211z receivers, but I seem to have lost the HD version of a couple of channels. I recently ordered CINEMAX, and my account shows that it has been ordered and is now active. But it does not work, I do not have cinemeax yet. I'm curious if these issues are related to the current problems that are being experienced.

I've been advised that in order for everything to work properly, I need to have the latest firmware version installed on my receivers. Two of my receivers have L904, one has L901, and the remaining one has L749. Unfortunately, I'm still experiencing the same issues on all of my receivers.

I would appreciate any advice on how to obtain the latest firmware version, as I'm unsure how to download it if I don't already have it. Additionally, I'm wondering how relevant updating the firmware is to current events, specifically with regard to recent hacking problems.

Thanks a lot

No link to any hacking.
I wonder if you are not seeing one of the satellites... The Western arc has moved channels around maybe what you are missing moved to a satellite you should be getting but are not?