What is the strongest receiver/dish combo for receiving the most channels?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
10-12 foot dish with both C & KU Band LNB's with a 4DTV and a HD DVB receiver

:)

That would give you the most chanenls

Geez! That'd pretty well cover all the bases ! - :eek:

Now, to get serioius:
- what programming are you really looking for,
- what size and how many dishes are you willing to put up,
- and what sort of budget do you think you can do this with?
We can point you to solutions to all those real-world problems.

I was thinking in a perfect world situation what would be the best - re programming I am interested in seeing what is out there but am interested in seeing what sports programming I can find

well unfortunatly it seems a combo of equipment will give you best results.

for 4:2:0 SD imo the fortec mercury II is amazing, good price point and damn great ird, finds almost everything (once in awhile it misses something, but not much) and has excellent motor controls.

many feeds (esp sports) are 4:2:2 and more and more are also HD. the QualiTV is a good choice for the most video encoding types, it covers damn near everything up there. but it doesnt have blindscan, so using it with an ird like the fortec is a good idea still.

I use my pc with a genpix usb sat tuner to get all the 4:2:2 and HD stuff, its a little cheaper, and more fun imo, but its not really as nice for just sitting down and watching tv, ie no remote.

defn cband and ku if you can, that doubles what you can watch.

If you're just looking for standard, Ku-band FTA, I would recommend a 36" dish and one of the following four receivers: Visionsat IV200 PVR, Coolsat 5000/6000, Pansat 3500, Fortec Mercury II. Our sponsors sell good kit deals which include the dish, motor, and receiver of your choice.

Last edited:
the mercury II is a very sensative ird, I can scan, tune, and watch channels with no pixelating that my spectrum analyzer and my genpix wont even lock onto.

Can you tell me what the tech differences would be between the BSC621-2 C/KU Band LNBF from your above link and something like the Chaparral Corotor II Plus with a 500 KHz High Stability 15 degree C Band LNB & 500 KHz High Stability .5db Ku Band LNB?

What would I receive with one over the other? Or the advantages/disadvantages between the two?

I am thinking about the 6' motorized dish, and already have the feedhorn and LNBs.

Thanks

Howdy Grantsa4 , I'm in your neck of the woods , and in my opinion the best combination or bang for the buck is a motorized 36 inch/90cm dish with either a Coolsat 5000 or any of the receivers TRON suggested, they're all reputable .

I would prefer a bigger dish but once you get past 90cm , the shipping rates are awfully expensive.

My input on the dishes. 12 foot or bigger dish for c band alone. 3.0 meter fiberglass or solid for ku alone (to eliminate rain fade) Cal amp or Norsat PLL Lnb's. Horiz to Horiz mounts.

Receivers: Motorola DSR 922, HDD 200, Pansat 9200 HD receiver.

Can you tell me what the tech differences would be between the BSC621-2 C/KU Band LNBF from your above link and something like the Chaparral Corotor II Plus with a 500 KHz High Stability 15 degree C Band LNB & 500 KHz High Stability .5db Ku Band LNB?

What would I receive with one over the other? Or the advantages/disadvantages between the two?

I am thinking about the 6' motorized dish, and already have the feedhorn and LNBs.

Thanks

You may as well get a 10' or if thats to large a 8.5' solid, the lnb's in the lnbf's are not the best in stability, and may have trouble with low sr's, for 4dtv the 500khz lnb's are good but if you are really into feed hunting on 4dtv and dvb then you would want a stability of 250khz or even 100khz for best results, and if you are going to use a undersized reflector then you will really want the 100khz or maybe even a pll lnb.

The corotor II plus is a good feed, if you want to catch NSS-806 the corotor II plus wideband is a good choice.

Status
Please reply by conversation.