What is the ugliest passenger car ever?

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL - Tks for that! The guy in the picture might even be my buddy! (Haven't seen him in 40 years.) Actually that one looks a lot better than I remember. Maybe my stigma attached to that car was because we could never pick up chicks while cruising around in it. (Back then if you had anything on 4 wheels that moved you were in the running!) But then of course it might have been the driver and passenger the chicks found objectionable and not the car...!

1975_Subaru_DL.jpg

The Brits and the French made some pretty good candidates back in the '50s. Here are a few good candidates

Siata Spring:
neildside.jpg

Reliant Robin:
myrobin.jpg

Renault 8 / 10
r8wht.jpg

here are a few from the "top 50 worst cars" from Time magazine

Chevette
Amphicar
Trabant

Attachments

• chevy_chevette.jpg
    chevy_chevette.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 75
  • amphicar.jpg
    amphicar.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 69
  • trabant.jpg
    trabant.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 66
Since this was brought up in another thread, I thought it might make a good thread on it's own.

So which passenger car is ugliest? Let's say any nomination should be accompanied by a photo of said vehicle.

I nominate the Aztek.

Aztek might be ugly but it is sure a nice ride and you have very little blind spots.

Back in 1955 I got a ride in one of these, a Messerschmidt.... It was ugly as all get out but gosh it was fun to ride in....

Attachments

• messerschmidt.jpg
    messerschmidt.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 97
Yes, the car and the airplane were definitely related. This was the time that VW was coming onto the American market. German products were being looked at a bit differently post WWII.

Aztek might be ugly but it is sure a nice ride and you have very little blind spots.

Throw a rock into a pack of dogs, and the one whut yelps, is the one wus hit. :p ;)

Sounds like a proud owner! :confused: :D

Well I definitely have to say that the first generation Aztec was butt ugly and the gremlin was Rosemary's baby but the great injustice which was the 74 to 78 mustang ii was truely an ugly deformation of an American muscle car icon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)