What is this?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Sat Monkey

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 25, 2008
Wausau, WI
I work for a Dish network retailer, and I did a Direct to Dish change over and I found this inline with the sat feed connected to the receiver.

What is it?

I have heard about a high freq. signal amp.
Is this one and the same?

boogar420
DSCN0896.jpg

Just wondering and if it works with Dish.

Thanks
Monkey

Last edited:
I work for a Dish network retailer, and I did a Direct to Dish change over and I found this inline with the sat feed connected to the receiver.

What is it?

It almost looks like a signal trap the cable companies use for internet setups. I don't think that's what it is, though.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know we use them with the UHF remote antenna to filter out unwanted noise.
I have never seen one used inline with a sat feed.

Weird

Monkey

I had one come in with my HR20 - 700 , it's an attenuator I believe... (never used)

I think it is an attenuator. I recall an issue where receivers very close to the dish would not work with the new signal verification program. The cure was to add a bunch of line to attenuate the signal down to a level the signal verification junk would accept. The eventual cure was to add an attenuator and save the cable.

Joe

Last edited:
When I was with dish network I need to get one to filter the signal so my two RF remotes did not take controller of the other box. In short it cuts the RF signal.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)