What is this????

janko

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 20, 2009
Chicago,Illinois
I recently activated my hard drive so i can record and store more movies...Today i found this on my statement:
Service Date(s)​
Detailed Activity

Previous Statement Balance​
$ 100.99

Jan 25 Credit Card Payment -100.99​
$ 0.00​
One Time Charges​
Jan 08 Ext Hard Drive Activation 40.00
Jan 24 Ext Hard Drive Activation 40.00
Ext Hard Drive Activation 40.00​
$ 120.00​
Monthly Charges​
Feb 20 - Mar 19 America's Top 250 69.99
Dish Platinum 10.00
Starz - Free 12 MO 0.00
DVR Service 6.00
Service Plan 6.00
HD 250 Free 0.00
HD Solo Receiver 14.00​
$ 105.99​
Total AutoPay on Feb 25, 2011 $ 225.99
I

Is it normal, when i have 3 hd recevers to being charged 3 times ??? I dont think so, just wanted to make sure....thank for reply.

How many of your receivers are 211's? They still incur a $40 activation fee. For your dvr, I'm not sure when the charge was dropped. What receivers were activated on the days noted?

I think the charge was dropped for the 612, 622 and 722 on Feb 1, 2011 for external hard drive STORAGE

The charge for the 211 was never dropped and on the announcement telling people that the External hard drive fee was being dropped for the models above it was clearly and repeatedly stated that there would be no change in the one time fee for 211 receivers since the external hard drive for them would enable the DVR feature that would otherwise be unavailable in the receiver.

Not defending the idea, just restating what was.

And on jan 8th i wanted to activate for 1st time, but the hard drive wasnt good. So they said they gonna reverse the charge but they never did...i think. I have to call them tomorrow...hate that...

Whether he was activating a HDD for recording on his 211 receiver or if he was activating HD storage on a 612/622/722 receiver both are one time account level fees. The MOST he could possibly pay for those fees would be $80 if he activated the feature on his 211 receiver and the HDD storage feature on a 612/622/722 receiver at the same time. Something isn't right with that bill. I'd give Dish a call and see what is up.

In his 2nd post, the OP said he had 3 receivers. My thoughts are that he may have 2 211's and one dvr. If so, a charge for each of the 211's and 1 for the dvr.

Thanks for the referral, LOL. Ya. We need to take a look at that account and I can fix it. I see where the charges happened and possibly why but to the OP they are still wrong (too many charges). PM me a phone number and I can get this fixed easily. No phone call required!

BTW.. If you activated EHD archiving for the DVR and DVR activation on 211, two charges stand. One goes away. Notes will be on account and I can get it handled really easily.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)