What is up with Charter?

ptech

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 12, 2005
Palm Coast Florida
I currently have Dish but needed a few things cable offered (HD Locals, at least a couple) and have been trying to get Cable installed but they keep saying I'm too far from the tap. People on my street four houses away have Charter cable and the damn line is right at the end of my driveway (total distance from house 100ft). From my house to their central tap is 250ft. Are these people just plain lazy or what's the deal.

Nope, they are just too lazy to come out and put a distribution point on your line. It was like that here at my house, but get this, I am only 65ft from a city street! It took me several, several calls to get them to come out and they never would, kept telling me what you are saying. Then one day I called in and just acted dumb and said I needed new cable service and she said ok, set me up and she said that it would take about 3 days longer because they would need to add a distribution point. Just don't let them transfer you all around, get someone decent on the line and go with it---but if I was you, I wouldn't get Charter for nothing but the internet. They are going broke which means no new services anytime soon!! anywhere!!

Ptec

Have you tried discussing this at your local office if you have one. I have found that I get further when I go there sometimes. I am not saying that you will get what you want but maybe a more complete explination.

Also the Moxi for HD is real...REAL sensitive. That may be why the wont add you to your niehbors tap.

As for pic quality compared to DISH.....For the analog channels 100 and below dish blows Charter away. For the channels 100 and above in my opinion it is generally the same some better some worse, for HD its better exept the moxi is a bit glocky compared to the Dish DVR's. It was a bit dificult to get used to the circular menu and no quick DVR button to watch recordings.

Also Here is a place I check for information on charter. Techs frequent this area on occasion and sometimes help out. DSL REPORTS CHARTER FORUMS
If this link is not ok mods go ahead and remove.

Last edited:
motorcycle_rider said:
Ptec

Have you tried discussing this at your local office if you have one. I have found that I get further when I go there sometimes. I am not saying that you will get what you want but maybe a more complete explination.

Not when your local office is a call center like mine is! It's the same b.s. just worded differently. Our neighborhood joke is that Charter is the devil, and dish network is sanity!!

Just my opinion!

For 250 feet, they should at least hang some RG11 if they don't want to build out cable. In my case, we have some long drops and that works fine if your running 330 mhz (45 channels 2-41 and 95-99) but when you start running 750, 1 gig stuff, the upper channels drop off quickly. So when I upgrade soon, I'm going to have to pull some feeder cable here and there to resolve any issues.

Yea charter is giving me the bone right now, I have only had them about three weeks and its taken three to get the phone installed, I have had 3 missed calls, a WO thats still not done, and now have to take the sh*t that they left screwed into my daughters bedroom wall off and fix it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)