What is up with Fox Movie Channel? Cropped instead of reduced?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

gmoesch

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Mar 7, 2004
Does anyone know why Dish is showing a cropped version of Fox Movie Channel? I understand it is not a HD channel, however the other SD channels are shown in the correct format and not clearly cropped on the left and the right. It is so obvious that you can see part of the logo on the right side and when messages are displayed they are cut off.

Hope so..hate the commercials but not a bad channel overall. This crop stuff is terrible however and very unwatchable.

I dunno, depends on the content and the viewer. Many times I prefer cropped to postage stamped then zoomed.

So is that it now? All Fox Movie Channels will have commercials and he cut for time and content? If so I could care less if it goes HD. I can't stand to watch a movie with commercials and cuts.

So is that it now? All Fox Movie Channels will have commercials and he cut for time and content? If so I could care less if it goes HD. I can't stand to watch a movie with commercials and cuts.
I don't mind the commercials, per se, as I can skip them with the DVR. But, I cannot abide edits or time-compression.

I don't mind the commercials, per se, as I can skip them with the DVR. But, I cannot abide edits or time-compression.
Commercials are why there is time compression. BTW to the OP, not a Hopper specific subject, belongs in the general Dish forum.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)