What is Wrong with D*

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Saddlesitting

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jul 13, 2004
Directv does not offer local channels in my area. I have had NFLST for the last 5 years and this is the first time they have blocked out games. I live in Texas and am unable to recieve the Bucs/Redskins game and the Texans/Chargers game. I can't get through on the phone lines.

I can't watch these games on Sunday Ticket and my Over the air antenna only shows the Texans game. No bucs and skins.

My over the air suxs because I live in a hole and I have a big screen where digital is almost required.

What should I tell D* so that they don't block out games in the future.

Thanks
SS

Nope these are the rules of Sunday Ticket.

Games carried by your local station will be blacked out on Sunday Ticket regardless if D* carries them or not.

BFG said:
Nope these are the rules of Sunday Ticket.

Games carried by your local station will be blacked out on Sunday Ticket regardless if D* carries them or not.
This is the 1st year of I have seen this-never happened before.

Well i tell you it sux.
I am having a kickoff party starting in 1 hour for the cowboys game and It looks ass if I wont be able to see the Cowboys play. I guess we will have to go elsewhere. I am at my wits end.

SS

Saddlesitting said:
Well i tell you it sux.
I am having a kickoff party starting in 1 hour for the cowboys game and It looks ass if I wont be able to see the Cowboys play. I guess we will have to go elsewhere. I am at my wits end.

SS
Where is Fox HD already????- Why is it taking so damn long to add a channel owned by Rupert???? I don't get it!!!

Just noticed that the Dallas-Minny game on Fox, which is being shown locally here in L.A., is not blacked out anymore on ch. 95 for the HD feed-What is going on? Are ST games not being blacked out or not????

Morning games were-Did someone mess up at HQ or am I getting the ST feed for ch. 95 by mistake now???

eschu97611 said:
Just noticed that the Dallas-Minny game on Fox, which is being shown locally here in L.A., is not blacked out anymore on ch. 95 for the HD feed-What is going on? Are ST games not being blacked out or not????

Morning games were-Did someone mess up at HQ or am I getting the ST feed for ch. 95 by mistake now???
2nd half blacked-out now-back to my crappy sd feed on local fox :confused:

Help!!!!!

Same thing here in Wisconsin....D* told me that the Dallas/Minnesota 2nd half decision was made by my local fox affiliate....This doesn't seem likely since it happend to you too. Who do we complain to???
TmAN

dgordo said:
The NFL, they make the decisions regarding black out rules.
True but I think D* is screwing with everybody this year and it sucks. The only reason I want NFLST was because they were going to show my Home team in HD! But today 1 hour before the game I found out they blocked it out. THAT REALLY SUCK! I FEEL LIKE I DROP THE SOAP IN PRISON AND LET DAVE STROKE ME LIKE A B#@CH! :eek: DAVE SUCKS!! :mad:

"My over the air suxs because I live in a hole and I have a big screen where digital is almost required."

If you think your over the air suxs, wait until you see what Directv will do to your locals if and when you get them. I added locals Friday. What a disapointment. Over compression and ghosting. I'm glad I'm looking at them on only a 27 inch TV.

jimisham said:
"My over the air suxs because I live in a hole and I have a big screen where digital is almost required."

If you think your over the air suxs, wait until you see what Directv will do to your locals if and when you get them. I added locals Friday. What a disapointment. Over compression and ghosting. I'm glad I'm looking at them on only a 27 inch TV.

Yeah, Directv gets pretty much the same signal you get for your locals.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)