what is wrong with my cable boxes????

zappyisfun

Original poster
Aug 18, 2008
I have had time warner digital cable for almost a year now.

my explorer 2000 cable box ALWAYS BREAKS. it will work fine for maybe a couple weeks or even 2 days.

i had time warner cable come about 10 times now and give me a new cable box everytime.

when im watching tv the picture will freeze and go black. then if i turn the power off and turn it back on it is still black. so i go unplug the box and plug it back in. now the time does not show up and i have to call time warner.

i left the box alone for about 2 days once and the time did not show up.

why would my cable boxes be breaking? are they blowing a fuse or something? is there anything i can do other then have time warner cable come again. im pretty sick of it.

the last time the time warner guy came witch was 2 days ago he went outside and climbed the pole or something and told me somebody was stealing my cable because the line is split and leading up to the other persons apartment and i am not getting signal or something. now this is true. when i first moved in my naibor upstairs told me not to call time warner or they will lose cable and tryed to give me it for free.

i said no and just lived without cable for a few months. then he comes down and askes me if i called time warner because his cable is out and i said no. so then i DO call time warner thinking they must of found out and shut him down. i get my own service and now all this Bullsh!t is happening.

but I am getting signal because if i plug the cable cord into the back of the tv i get standard cable (chan 2-78) but my cable box keeps blowing.

help?!

Have you tried testing the electrical outlet? You can get a cheap electrical tester at Home Depot or Lowes for like $5.

Two things, the outlet like he said or bad signal. If they are stealing it -- and keep doing it every time we fix it that would defiantly be causing problems for you.